The new edition of Chambers Europe has recognized the work carried out by the team of lawyers at King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) in Spain. Regarding the most recent published results by the legal directory, all practice areas of our Madrid office have been included within the ranking of the best legal law firms in Spain.
It is particularly noteworthy to mention the Investment Funds team that has been included in Band 1 and have been described as one of the best options in relation to structuring of funds. As indicated in the report, the Funds team is considered by their clients as one of the "the best in Spain." Isabel Rodríguez, head and partner of the KWM Funds team in Spain, has been highlighted in the publication in Band 1 within the leading individuals category.
Equally, the results reached by the rest of the Firm in all of the practice areas should be highlighted:
- Corporate – Band 4
- Employment – Band 4
- Energy – Band 4
- Dispute Resolution – Band 5
- Real Estate – Band 5
- Tax – Band 6
At an individual level, Chambers Europe 2019 also has highlighted the work of the KWM partners in different categories within the ranking leading individuals. Moreover, apart from the example above regarding Isabel Rodríguez, the individual partners included in the most recent edition of the ranking are:
- Carlos Gil – Band 2 in Employment
- Joaquín Sales – Band 3 in Banking & Finance and Band 4 in Project Finance
- Roberto Pomares – Band 3 in Corporate
- José Antonio Calleja – Band 3 in Real Estate
- Alberto Ruano – Band 3 in Tax
- Alfredo Guerrero – Band 4 in Dispute Resolution
- Gonzalo Olivera – Band 4 in Energy
- Ramón García Gallardo – Band 4 in Competition
- Pablo Díaz – Band 6 in Corporate. It should be noted that this is the first time that Pablo has been included in this directory.
- Ildefonso Alier – Lawyers to watch in Investment Funds
Within the comments outlined by Chamber Europe 2019 in relation to the different practice areas, one of the most repeated phrases is "the involvement of the partners in each of their works and their availability". The team is highlighted not only for their "experience and technical knowledge" but also for their "attention to detail and practical advice".