Driving innovation in the banking sector
In the rapidly evolving world of banking, our ability to innovate helps you stay ahead of the curve. From the day-to-day corporate lending, infrastructure and project finance, asset finance, leveraged finance, trade finance, to the most complex capital raisings and corporate restructures, our ability to think out of the box is helping our clients to achieve their goals.
We provide advisory, transactional and contentious legal services to the banking sector – depending on our clients’ needs. Acting for both banks and their customers on procedures, standard form documentation, credit risk mitigation, cash management, new banking products and the associated regulatory framework, we have earned a reputation for getting the right outcome for our clients.
The areas of banking law we advise clients on include:
- Acquisition and leveraged finance
- Asset finance
- Corporate finance / lending
- Debt capital markets and Equity capital markets
- Debt / loan trading / loan book sales
- Digital payments, payment services and e-money
- Financial market regulation including regulatory capital
- Financial market infrastructure
- Funds finance
- Islamic finance
- Project and infrastructure finance
- Real estate finance
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Trade, commodity and export finance.
Show moreShow less
"The work is always done to a high standard and delivered on time…We’ve had an extraordinary experience."
King & Wood Mallesons banking client
Our experience in the banking sector includes advising:
- NAB on its A$500 million Retail Bond offer (the first domestic retail offering since 1999)
- Commonwealth Bank Australia on its inaugural retail bond issue, which set the standard for disclosure to investors
- Banca Antonveneta on certificates relating to shares, indices, funds, commodities, precious metals, commodity future contracts, exchange-traded funds, baskets of shares, baskets of indices and baskets of commodities as well as precious metals
- The Royal Bank of Scotland on MINI future certificates relating to shares, indices, commodities, commodity future contracts, government bond future contracts and currencies and on reverse exchangeable securities relating to shares, indices, commodities and commodity future contracts
- Commerzbank on reverse convertible notes relating to shares, indices, funds and precious metals; and structured notes relating to shares, indices, funds, exchange-traded fund (ETF) shares and future contracts.