Thinking outside the box to navigate the FMCG sector?
Our in-depth knowledge of the fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) sector covers all aspects of corporate, mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property, real estate and competition law. This expertise extends across the world’s growth markets and key commercial centres.
We work with clients across all parts of the FMCG sector from FMCG brand owners and licensees, manufacturers, distributors and wholesalers to retailers, as well as clients involved in packaging, marketing, and advertising.
We partner with these clients to build a thorough understanding of their businesses, from their brand strategy to their online activities, so we can provide tailored advice that protects and strengthens their competitive presence in their chosen markets.
We regularly advise on:
- Commercial agreements, including services, outsourcing, manufacturing, supply and distribution agreements
- Intellectual property (IP) matters – including managing IP portfolios, re-branding strategies, licensing agreements, research and development collaborations, joint ventures, strategic alliances and funding arrangements
- Corporate transactions.
Our experience includes advising:
- Coca-Cola Amatil on a share buy-back
- Wyeth Consumer Healthcare/Advil in successful challenges to the Australian Self Medication Industry Panel regarding comparative advertising involving a competitor’s product
- Lion Group, one of Australia’s leading food and beverage businesses, across a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters
- AXA Private Equity on its investment in Frostkrone Holding GmbH, the German frozen food producer.
"With their ability to think outside of the box and push each deal forward, we regard this firm as a real alternative to the magic circle."