The U.S. tax team at King & Wood Mallesons has broad and deep experience in handling sophisticated U.S. tax planning and U.S. tax controversies. Our tax lawyers are always on the lookout for the latest developments from Congress, the United States Treasury and state and local taxing authorities.
KWM U.S. tax team works in collaboration with other KWM practice teams and KWM worldwide offices to ensure an integral and synergic solution from both tax and legal aspects. We always aim to ensure our clients achieve both regulatory compliance and tax efficiency in their U.S. and cross-border (inbound and outbound) tax matters.
When making major decisions on investment projects, M&As, restructuring transactions and private wealth management, our clients will benefit from our highly sophisticated and fully integrated U.S. tax services. We differentiate ourselves with our efficiency and commitment to working closely with you, understanding your needs, and developing optimal U.S. tax solutions for you.
- U.S. tax structuring in complicated U.S. and cross-border tax-free and taxable mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, LBOs, spin-offs and asset dispositions
- U.S. tax advice on U.S. and cross-border corporate liquidations and dissolutions and other general corporate transactions
- U.S. tax advice on capital market transactions, including IPOs, derivative securities offerings and other corporate financing transactions
- U.S. tax advice on fund formation and investment, including venture capital funds, private equity funds and hedge funds.
- U.S. tax advice on executive compensation, employee incentive equity plans, and golden parachute arrangements in relation to M&A transactions
- U.S. tax advice on leveraged financing, structured financing and recapitalization transactions
- U.S. tax advice on real estate transactions and cross-border investment in U.S. real estate
- U.S. tax dispute resolution, including voluntary disclosure, audit defense and litigation
- U.S. tax strategies for cross-border investment and VIE corporate structuring
- Trust and estate planning for families, individuals and other private clients
- Pre-IPO tax planning for founders and company executives
- Pre-immigration and post-immigration U.S. tax planning
- U.S. tax planning for nonprofit organizations and private foundations.