Meet the lawyers who know infrastructure inside out
On infrastructure projects you need the end-to-end solutions that get your infrastructure projects planned, approved, structured, financed, built and operated.
King & Wood Mallesons provides just that. We are both a thought leader and trusted legal adviser to public and private organisations that plan and deliver large-scale and critical infrastructure projects around the world.
We have helped numerous sponsors, developers, government bodies, contractors and financiers get their projects over the line – from the privatisation of major infrastructure assets to greenfield and brownfield developments.
We also advise participants in infrastructure and PPP/PFI projects across all sectors, including prisons, schools, health, water, port, road and rail.
Expertise built on decades of experience
Having acted for private and public sector clients in infrastructure projects, we have a deep understanding of the needs of different project participants and the knowledge and in-depth experience to deal with related issues that often accompany complex projects. These include planning, construction, energy and environmental law, commercial, tax, financing and real estate law.
We also help you negotiate with government agencies for permission and concessions, and secure other necessary approvals from the regulatory authorities.
Show moreShow less
Our experience includes advising:
- The lenders: advising on the £731 million financing of the London Gateway Port project one of the UK’s largest infrastructure projects’ being developed by DP World
- Lagos State Government: advising on agreements for design, construction and operation of Lagos Blue Line mass transit light rail system
- SP Road Project: advising the lenders on the US$ 350 million financing of the first road project in India to be project financed by international banks
- Helios Investment Partners LLP: advising on the proposed acquisition of the Rift Valley Railway concession, which combines the Uganda Railway and Kenyan Railways concessions through the Rift Valley of East Africa
- Port Botany/Port Kembla privatisation (NSW) - advising for a bidding consortium (Borealis Infrastructure, Ontario Teachers Pension Plan, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Hastings Funds Management) on their bid for Port of Botany / Port Kembla
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge (HZM Bridge); advising on a RMB 2.9 billion syndicated loan financing project for the construction of the 30km HZM Bridge connecting Hong Kong, Macau and Zhuhuai, including 6.6km of undersea tunnel.
"A truly impressive team - very cohesive and responsive. They attend to detail and understand our particular needs."
"This international team is warmly recommended for its excellent client services."