Bringing together a range of expertise to support professional services providers
Difficult market conditions have placed additional pressure on professional services providers as given the demands and needs of clients increase. These pressures are leading to an increase in concerns from partnership disputes to a greater focus on managing risk and regulatory compliance.
In response to these challenges we bring together technical expertise across the wide variety of legal and regulatory disciplines that the sector faces. We combine this with extensive experience representing major industry players around the world in external and internal disputes, claims, documentation and structuring (including tax).
This experience extends across accounting firms, insurance brokers, engineering and construction professionals, stockbrokers and actuaries. It includes law firms and in-house teams, covering professional indemnity claims, professional negligence claims, partnership agreements and employment claims.
As most of the work we do in this area is highly confidential, we are unable to disclose the identity of our clients but our experience in working with professional services firms includes:
- One of the ‘Big Four’ accounting firms in relation to auditor claims arising out of the collapse of a major corporate group in Australia
- A law firm in a benchmark case on the interpretation of the proportionate liability provisions of relevant civil liability regime, the outcome of which has reduced the potential exposure faced by professional advisors
- A major global consulting firm on allegations regarding breach of non-solicitation obligations by a new employee
- A top tier law firm defending a significant and very public claim by the family of Sir Donald Bradman concerning his intellectual property
- A number of global insurance brokers defending claims concerning brokerage services (and other bespoke services) provided to clients
- Advising professional service providers on terms of service and standard retainer agreements
- Advising on different limitation of liability schemes under the Professional Standards Act.
"The point partners are very good at managing internal and complementary resources quite seamlessly, so big transactions manage themselves very well."