Helping investment management to develop winning strategies
Whether it is pioneering new fund structures or developing innovative solutions to accommodate tax and regulatory change, our Funds team is at the forefront of the investment funds industry. King & Wood Mallesons is a market leader in structuring and establishing funds.
Our global perspective, ability to anticipate trends, the diversity of structures on which we have advised and deep knowledge of investor requirements, enable us to be proactive when providing clients with innovative and commercially viable solutions.
We offer the full spectrum of legal services relevant to investment managers including:
- Regulatory change and compliance
- Establishing and marketing of new investment products
- Financial and structured products, including development of new products and their distribution
- Custody and transaction services
- Asset level activity including secondary portfolio acquisitions and sales
- Spin-outs and mergers and acquisitions
Show moreShow less
Our law firm’s experience in the investment management sector includes advising:
- LaSalle Investment Management on its acquisition of Trinity Funds Management RE platform and funds
- AMP Capital on establishing a US$150m Asian Giants Infrastructure Fund for investments in India and China
- Astorg Partners on its €1b Astorg V fund targeting investments in medium-sized French companies
- French PE house Chequers Capital on Chequers Capital XVI, which had a single, oversubscribed closing at €850m
- Investindustrial on its €1.25bn fifth fund, one of the highest profile fundraisings of 2012
- Goodman Group and Goodman Hong Kong Logistics Fund in relation to the acquisition of a majority interest in DP World Asia for US$450m and the formation of a co-ownership arrangement with DP World
- Vanguard on the listing of three ETFs in Hong Kong - being Vanguard FTSE Asia ex Japan High Dividend Yield Index ETF, Vanguard FTSE Developed Europe Index ETF and Vanguard FTSE Japan Index ETF. The ETFs are authorised by the SFC and were listed on the SEHK
- Hai Tong Asset Management on the establishment, SFC authorization and listing of RQFII ETF on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
"We like their ability to adapt to our style of work and to give advice rather than just read the proverbial rule book to us."