Our UK-based tax and regulatory lawyers provide comprehensive legal advice covering UK and cross border tax matters, navigating the UK regulatory regime and dealing with regulatory authorities
Our tax lawyers advise on a broad range of UK and cross-border tax matters for public and private companies, banks, private equity houses, high net worth individuals and management teams across a wide-range of sectors.
Our extensive experience also includes advising private equity houses and management teams on the tax aspects of deal and fund structuring.
Our areas of work include:
- Corporate mergers
- Acquisitions and reorganisations
- Equity incentive arrangements
- Employment taxation
- Tax disputes
- Tax aspects of real estate transactions
- Corporate lending and bond financings.
Our regulatory experience spans a range of industries and asset classes, including advising family offices and private investors, hedge and other alternative fund managers, private equity, investment and retail banks, broker-dealers, custodians, distributors and issuers. Areas of particular focus include alternative investment funds and the documentation of investments into these vehicles, regulated mergers and acquisitions, including some involving complex changes of control; and cross-border sales and marketing.
Whilst commanding an impressive breadth of experience in the UK gained by acting on behalf of clients and the UK financial regulator, our experience extends to assisting US and other overseas financial service businesses establishing and maintaining their activities in the UK.
Our clients and expertise include:
- Retail banking, investment banking and corporate finance
- Securities trading/broker-dealer and investment advisers
- Capital markets regulatory
- Asset management
- Funds: formation, authorization, management and investments
- M&A in regulated assets
- Financial regulation compliance, including custody of financial assets, distribution and marketing of financial products, consumer finance, insurance broking and regulatory authorisations
- Financial crime and anti-money laundering procedures
- Regulatory issues around crypto-currencies.