Nobody knows funds like we do
Whether it is pioneering new fund structures or developing innovative solutions to accommodate tax and regulatory change, the international funds team is part of the DNA of the investment funds industry.
As advisors to a greater variety of global funds than any other law firm, we know international funds inside out. We combine that market experience with in-depth tax and regulatory knowledge to give you practical, cost-effective legal advice that you can implement quickly.
Serving a financial hub
Singapore is a key financial centre and a hub for fund managers and financial services firms. And the surge of capital in and through Asia has created a significant demand for high-quality legal services.
Our Singapore practice provides multinational clients with top-tier international legal expertise for cross-border and international funds work in Southeast Asia. It also supports Singapore-based and international clients in their investments around the region including into China.
With a top-tier regional funds practice to build on, our Singapore practice is focussed on private equity, real estate and infrastructure funds work, complimented by strong regional mergers and acquisitions (M&A) expertise across those sectors.
The areas of international funds law we advise on include:
- Private equity and other private investment funds
- Real estate funds and Real estate investment trusts (REITs)
- Infrastructure and energy funds
- China related / RMB funds
- Investments and co-investments (both fund and direct)
- Secondary transactions
- Mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures and spin-offs.
Clients benefitting from our advice include:
- Macquarie, who we advised on several large infrastructure fundraisings for India, China and the Philippines;
- Equis Asia, who we assisted with raising of their first infrastructure fund;
- AMP, who we advised on several fundraisings for India and China;
- Ascendas, who we advised on the Australian aspects of its Ascendas Hospitality Trust listing;
- Major Singapore-based investors, who we advised on fund investments and co-investments;
- Global real estate and infrastructure managers, who we advised on cross-border investments around Asia Pacific; and
- A major investment bank, who we advised on establishing its US$1 billion infrastructure fund covering South Asia, India and Africa.
"The key strengths are their knowledge of the funds industry and their proactivity, responsiveness and business-friendly working attitude. You can be sure they are willing to go the extra mile to help you."