We structure arrangements that deliver value to your business
The tax implications associated with incentive arrangements can be complex, particularly for cross border arrangements. They are dependent your commercial drivers and on changing regulatory landscapes that vary by jurisdiction.
That’s why we draw on our experience consulting with governments and revenue authorities around the world to provide bespoke tax structuring solutions for issuers, participants and plan administrators across the globe.
We also understand the importance of your employees – executive level or otherwise – and can assist in preparing employee communications so that incentive arrangements and their taxation consequences are understood by your employees.
The tax-related areas of employee benefit law we advise on include:
- Economics of option and performance share award structures
- Employee benefit trust structures
- Employee share schemes, employee share options plans, profit-sharing schemes
- Carried interest and co-investment arrangements for individual executives
- Incentive plans for executives and other employees, including profit-related pay and phantom plans
- Management participation in buy-outs and management buy-ins
- Executive termination benefits and packages
- Dual contracts
- Remittance basis of taxation
- Tax issues and tax disputes that arise in the context of major corporate transactions such as takeovers, corporate restructures, demergers and securities transactions.
"We get a first-class, client-focused service. They understand the importance of a close relationship and invest a lot of time understanding what we do."