Unrivalled securitisation expertise from a committed, insightful, experienced and integrated team
Having advised on a large number of landmark securitisation transactions in Australia and Asia, the King & Wood Mallesons securitisation team remains at the forefront of market and new product developments.
Our large team offers unrivalled securitisation expertise, co-ordinated and collegiate approach to sharing of new information, capacity to efficiently analyse the complex issues in real time and deep relationships with key industry players.
Drawing on our deep understanding of debt capital markets and local conditions, and market leading position across the spectrum of capital markets work, our team continues to advise on some of the most significant transactions in Asia including, recently, the first single loan cross border collateralised loan obligation from the People’s Republic of China.
Our clients benefit from our ability to draw on expertise across various disciplines and geographies across the firm, to provide them with an integrated service.
Show moreShow less
Our securitisation expertise includes advising on:
- Residential mortgage backed securitisations for major banks, regional banks, other ADIs and non-bank lenders (prime and non-conforming)
- Transactions involving new asset classes and innovative features, including green securitisations (in particular solar securitisations)
- Private securitisations (including warehouses, private placements and internal repo-eligible transactions) for major banks, regional banks and other ADIs, non-bank lenders (prime and non-conforming)
- Establishment of various covered bond programmes
- Asset backed securitisation for originators and arrangers of all asset classes including autos, equipment, trade receivables, dealer floor plan, margin loans, resale contracts
- Sale and lease back transactions
- Commercial mortgage backed securitisations including retail products and multi borrower structures
- Secondary market loan sales for seller and buyers of prime, non-conforming, commercial and distressed loans
- Retail and wholesale structured products including credit linked notes, CLO’s and CDO’s
- Government sponsored structures.
Highlights of our securitisation transactions include:
- Acting for China Huarong Assets Management Company on its ¥1.2 billion restructured corporate loan securitisation
- Acting for GMAC-SAIC Auto Finance Company, Ltd on ¥2 billion personal auto loan securitisation.
- In 2013 alone, acted on 27 of 45 public securitisation transactions in Australia, including advising Commonwealth Bank of Australia in relation to AUD8.2 billion of residential mortgage backed securitisation transactions under its Medallion programme
- Acting as counsel for the arrangers for the Bunnings triple net lease securitisation involved the sale and leaseback of 15 Bunnings Warehouse properties and the securitisation of the Bunnings lease receivables
- Acting for Pepper HomeLoans in the AUD5 billion acquisition of a prime and non-conforming loan portfolio from GE
- Acting for Australia and New Zealand Bank (ANZ), Westpac and Suncorp on their global covered bond programmes including (for ANZ and Westpac) 144A functionality
- Acting for Standard Chartered Bank on China Funding Investment and Panda Funding Investment Singapore listed securitisations of corporate loans supported by demand guarantees from PRC policy banks
- Acting on a number of Retail Auto Loan Securitisation such as Dongfeng Nissan AFC 2014 - and Volkswagen AFC "Driver" 2014
- Acting on a number of 2014 - 1 CLO Securitisations, including for Bank of Ningbo, Citic Bank, Bank of Shunde, Bank of communications, Bank of Qingdao, Bank of Shanghai and Bocom Leasing
- Representing Elior (leader in the catering business) in connection with an €300 million pan European securitization program (covering France, Italy and Spain)
- Acting for PAI Partners in connection with the acquisition of participations in leveraged loans.