Providing strategic thinking and expert legal advice across global debt capital markets
Across capital markets, financing structures are becoming increasingly complex and are often subject to multi-jurisdictional requirements.
As the corporate debt market grows, issuers are looking to diversify their funding sources. Accessing the best solutions requires advisers who are at the forefront of market developments and have experience across a range of jurisdictions.
We have a strong track record of advising on the markets ground-breaking structures and products, representing issuers, arrangers, dealers and other participants on all aspects of domestic and international debt capital markets transactions. The documents produced for these transactions regularly determine the market model and standard.
Our experience includes:
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 capital instruments for dozens of issuers including major financial institutions in key jurisdictions
- The debut covered bond programmes for three of the five Australian banks
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce covered bond issue in the Australian wholesale market, which was the first issue of structured covered bonds in Australia
- Sovereign debt issues, including New South Wales Treasury Corporation AUD 1.5 billion wholesale bond issue and retail bond issues such as Commonwealth Bank of Australia's first AUD 500 million retail bond issue
- Structured security programmes (including warrants, notes and certificates relating to shares, indices, funds, commodities, precious metals, commodity future contracts, exchange traded funds, baskets of shares, baskets of indices and baskets of commodities, precious metals and commodity future contracts)
- Advising Qilu International Holdings Limited in relation to its CNY 1.5 billion 6.25% senior bonds due 2017
- Advising China Travel Service (Holdings) Hong Kong Limited in relation to its US$ 300 million 3.875% guaranteed notes due 2019 and US$ 700 million 5.625% guaranteed notes due 2024
- Advising Yunnan Energy Investment (HK) Co. Limited in relation to its CNY600m 5.5% Bonds due 2017
- Advising Alain Afflelou on its €440 million high-yield notes
- Advising PAI Partners on Marcolins €200 million fixed rate note bond issue; Marcolin is the Italian spectacles designer, producer and distributor in over 90 countries.
"The debt capital markets team are pre-eminent on big ticket work."