Building on a wealth of experience in infrastructure funds
You can be confident with us that you will have access to a market leading team with a wealth of experience in infrastructure funds, energy funds and similar types of funds.
This covers a range of different fund structures within the infrastructure asset class, including characteristics of closed-ended, self-liquidating funds, open-ended or “evergreen” funds, hybrid and listed structures.
In our experience, the frequency and character (income and capital) of expected returns is often one of the most significant factors affecting choice of fund structure and terms.
We have experience of structuring a range of carried interest models, appropriate for the investment strategy. This enables us to achieve a true alignment of interest between the fund manager and investors, whether it is realisation-based carry, a valuation-based performance fee which monetises unrealised gains or a running yield-based performance.
Our work with global infrastructure funds includes advising:
- Colonial First State on their infrastructure funds
- Pan-Asian independent fund manager Equis Funds Group on its first energy and infrastructure fund with commitments of US$647 million
- Balfour Beatty on all of their funds
- Capital Dynamics on all of their funds
- Antin Infrastructure in relation to the formation of one of the largest infrastructure (brownfield) funds in Europe
- A major investment bank on establishing its US$1 billion infrastructure fund covering South Asia, India and Africa
- An Australian bank on structuring solutions for its infrastructure debt fund (including advice on Solvency II issues).