Our legal advice helps you navigate the complex world of hedge funds
Our hedge funds practice brings together our market leading investment fund structuring experience with our highly rated financial markets expertise to help our hedge funds clients navigate a dynamic and increasingly regulated market environment.
Our lawyers not only understand the law and regulation underpinning hedge funds but also understand the financial markets in which our clients operate and the range of financial products and instruments that our clients trade in. This understanding coupled with the integrated fund structuring, tax and regulatory expertise across the firm network means that we can deliver high quality advice and innovative solutions to our hedge fund clients.
We advise on all aspects of the structure and operation of hedge funds including:
- Structuring and establishment of hedge funds, hybrid funds, managed accounts and other bespoke investment structures
- Structuring and operation of hedge fund management and advisory entities
- Hedge fund regulation and wider financial services and markets regulation
- Prime brokerage, ISDAs, custody, stock lending and other trading documentation
- Investor due diligence and support
- Structured products and derivatives expertise
- Regulatory investigations and enforcement actions
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Competition and merger clearance advice
- Employment and incentive arrangements.
Show moreShow less
Our recent experience includes advising:
- A global bank on restructuring issues in relation to its hedge fund repackaging programmes
- A UK hedge fund manager on the restructuring of a relative value fixed income fund
- A UK investment trust on the seeding of two hedge funds
- An Australian fund manager on the establishment of a special situations hedge fund
- A Cayman investment manager on the launch of a multi-hedge fund manager index and associated structured products
- A global financial institution in connection with the implementation of the Alternative Investment Fund Manager Directive (AIFMD) for its range of onshore European hedge and credit funds
- A European fund of hedge funds on a joint primary listing on the main market of the London Stock Exchange
- A UK hedge fund manager on the establishment of a hybrid credit opportunities fund.
"You get access to the best resources at King & Wood Mallesons."