We proactively protect your trademarks and enforce your rights
As distinctive indicators of business, trademarks have become one of the most strategically important assets on the corporate balance sheet. Globally, protection and enforcement rights are fragmented and the market continues to see developments in case law as it responds to technological change, online challenges and language translation.
Against this backdrop, major brands rely on the creativity, industry experience, technical excellence and litigation skills of our trademark lawyers.
The best defence
Throughout we focus on your business goals. We work to achieve them without litigation where possible. But, in international trademark law, proactive enforcement can often be the best defence.
To deliver the right business result for you, cost-effectively, we combine a full range of dispute resolution expertise with commercial awareness.
We have acted for clients in a number of landmark cases, including confectionery packaging, search terms for online advertising, alcoholic beverage branding and the look and feel of products.
Our trademark legal services include advising on:
- National and international trademark and design clearance
- Strategic planning for brand protection
- Preparing and implementing trademark and design filing programmes
- Portfolio management
- Worldwide trademark watching
- Opposition, revocation and invalidity actions before the national intellectual property (IP) offices, the Office for Harmonization in the Internal Market (OHIM), and the courts
- Drafting and negotiating co-existence agreements
- Enforcement of trademark rights and copyrights
- Intellectual property aspects of business reorganisations, disposals and share sales.
"King & Wood Mallesons provides a full range of trademark services – from search and filing to registration and dispute, copyright and domain name services – which are unrivalled in depth, technical expertise and international scale. "