We provide superior, commercially focused legal advice on professional negligence.
We understand the challenges professional services firms around the world face. In response, we bring together in one place technical expertise in legal and regulatory issues faced by firms in the sector.
We combine this with our law firm’s deep experience representing major industry players in disputes and regulatory investigations. Our lawyers’ experience in professional negligence claims extends across accounting firms, insurance brokers, engineering and construction professionals, stockbrokers, actuaries and lawyers (including law firms and in-house teams).
Our legal advice covers professional indemnity claims, professional negligence claims, partnership agreements and employment claims.
Highlights of our work in professional negligence law include advising:
- One of the ‘Big Four’ UK accountants in relation to claims arising out of the Centro collapse
- Acting for a major venture capital client in its claim against the solicitors who had advised on the tax implications of the exit from a multi-million pound investment. Within the context of apparent formal proceedings, we set up a bespoke strategy to address a series of highly complex and esoteric facts. We utilised specific aspects of the Professional Negligence Pre-action Protocol, including without prejudice expert determinations, to resolve the various cornerstone issues
- Acting for a leading UK hedge fund in a coverage dispute against one of the world’s biggest insurance companies
- A global professional services firm in relation to a claim made by a partner for discrimination
- A law firm in a benchmark case in the High Court on the interpretation of the proportionate liability provisions of the Civil Liability Act in New South Wales, the outcome of which has reduced the potential exposure faced by professional advisors
- A major global consulting firm on allegations regarding breach of non-solicitation obligations by a new employee.
"Extremely diligent. Their advice is timely and they are very responsive and always on point."