Take advantage of trade agreements and regulatory developments, and access new markets
As well as knowing regulations and customs law inside out, we have good relationships with global regulators.
Work with us and you benefit from the insight that comes from working on over 250 cross-border transactions. You also get a strong team of customs lawyers with an unrivalled understanding of the complexities and cultural nuances of doing business in China and worldwide.
Beyond this, you can rely on our first-class project management. You get a dedicated back-office project manager, an initial planning and brainstorming session, regular trouble-shooting sessions and everything that comes with our robust work management.
Areas of trade and customs our law firm advises on include:
- Trade defence instruments (anti-dumping, anti-subsidy and safeguards)
- World Trade Organisation (WTO) litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Negotiation and implementation of trade agreements
- Market access and trade barriers
- Customs compliance and rules of origin
- Export controls (embargoes and trade sanctions).
Show moreShow less
Our experience includes:
- In China – Certain Measures Affecting the Automobile and Automobile-Parts Industries (DS450)
- Representing a major Indonesian biodiesel exporter in a trade defence investigation initiated by the European Commission
- Representing the same Indonesian exporter in an action for annulment before the General Court of the European Union (EU)
- Representing a European user in an anti-dumping case against imports of zeolite from Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Advising a South American association on the implementation of an agreement between the US and EU in the WTO Hormones dispute
- Representing an Indonesian exporter in a European Commission anti-dumping review against imports of fatty alcohol from Indonesia, Malaysia and India.
"The team has the advantage of being able to call people in from Australia and also from China. It's a very good firm for disputes, handling high-quality work for a very prestigious client list."