Commercial dispute? Problem solved
Solving commercial disputes requires lawyers to be tough advocates and creative problem solvers. Our lawyers are exactly that.
Commercial disputes need to be handled in a way that reflects your wider strategic objectives, your commercial needs and your reputational imperatives, meeting the risks and legal challenges that arise in the process. Across multiple jurisdictions and in complex, high-value disputes we focus on using our litigation skills to achieve the optimal outcome in the circumstances for you – whether this is in court, before a tribunal, in negotiations or in response to the relevant regulators.
As well as expertise in law, we understand a broad range of industry sectors – from financial institutions to energy and infrastructure.
Our commercial disputes team are experienced in all of the following:
- Anti-bribery, corruption and money laundering
- Anti-trust and follow on damages claims
- Banking and financial markets disputes
- Civil fraud
- Class Actions
- Commercial and contractual disputes
- Compliance, investigations and corporate governance
- Construction and real estate disputes
- Customs and trade disputes
- Data protection and infringement, including internet-related disputes
- Employment law disputes
- Freezing injunctions and search orders
- Intellectual property disputes and enforcement
- International arbitration
- International public law and treaty law
- IT and telecom disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Professional negligence
- Regulatory investigations
- Shareholder and bondholder actions and company and partnership disputes.
Show moreShow less
"The King & Wood Mallesons Litigation team takes a client-driven approach, which combines a detailed strategic overview with intelligent aggression where needed."
"They're doing a great job and are doing everything they can to defend our interests. They're very thorough and I really feel that I can trust them to take care of everything. I really rely on their judgment and their expertise."
We advise clients on a wide range of commercial disputes. Highlights include representing:
- A syndicate of eight investment banks in London in connection with the default of a bank to take up its allocation of +€500 million of a syndicated loan facility
- A major Russian telecommunications group in multi-jurisdictional litigation and arbitration proceedings (covering England, Luxembourg, Seychelles and the Isle of Man) in connection with challenging the enforcement of a US$220 million arbitration award on the basis of public policy
- The major tyre manufacturers of Europe in their follow-on litigation against the synthetic rubber manufacturers in a case that will have an impact in developing the law in EU competition litigation
- Agricultural Bank of China Limited on a derivative dispute with Lehman Brothers International (Europe)
- Future Fund - the Australian Government’s AUD 82 billion investment vehicle - in relation to a dispute with AustralianSuper over the Future Fund’s AUD 2 billion acquisition of the airport interests of the Australian Infrastructure Fund
- Intergraph Corp in defending litigation arising out of the Hong Kong Government’s action against IBM in connection with the large-scale public works project involving multiple parties and highly technical arguments regarding geographical information systems, system analysis and design and data conversion process.