We give you strategic advice on your most important asset – your people
Our labour and employment lawyers manage the legal, tax, commercial and reputational risks associated with employment, industrial relations, workplace health and safety, executive remuneration and incentives and employee mobility/relocation.
We are renowned for being down-to-earth and solutions driven, providing succinct commercial advice: tailoring our advice and providing solutions which dovetail into your business strategy. We work with directors, legal teams and managers who have responsibility for human resources/human capital issues, in a wide variety of organisations including large listed and private companies, small and medium sized entities, financial institutions, LLPs and charities.
We share our expertise and experience with you to become part of your team, giving you the strategic and integrated legal advice you need as an employer to engage with, incentivise and manage the asset that drives the success of your business forward – your people.
Our law firm’s expertise covers the full range of labour and employment law issues, including recruitment, dismissal, restrictive covenants, protecting confidentiality, employment tribunals and team moves.
Our advice covers:
- Contentious and non-contentious labour and employment law issues including termination of employment, sexual harassment and discrimination, and dispute resolution and litigation
- Industrial relations strategy and bargaining
- Managing workplace health and safety liability and providing legal support in the event of a workplace incident, accident or fatality
- All aspects of regulation, management and restructuring of pensions
- Reviewing employment documentation and policies to ensure compliance with local and international laws
- Managing the influence and demands of other stakeholders such as regulators and trade unions
- Managing the transfer of employment and business issues arising in corporate M&A transactions.
Our lawyers have knowledge and in-depth experience of working across many industry sectors, including banking, financial services, real estate, advertising, media, hotel and leisure, manufacturing, government and retail. In addition, we act for a small number of high net worth individuals.
Show moreShow less
Recent experience includes advising on:
- Recruitment and employment of staff: drafting contracts of employment, incentive and bonus arrangements
- Drafting and reviewing staff handbooks and policies. Workplace information governance rules such as management of privacy and access to data and implementing family-friendly policies, such as maternity and parental leave, diversity programs and flexible working
- Training management and staff on equal opportunities and sexual harassment awareness (including policies, implementation, and handling grievances and conflict resolution)
- Termination of employment: disciplinary, dismissals and performance issues, advising on procedure, negotiating severance packages and compromise agreements
- Redundancies: collective and individual (including policies, procedures and consultation processes)
- Contentious issues: boardroom disputes, team moves and restrictive covenant actions, employment tribunal claims and court proceedings / appeals
- Litigation (including injunctions, wrongful dismissal and complex bonus claims)
- Employee moves including relocation and TUPE.
"Handles the full range of employment matters for blue-chip clients including health and safety, discrimination cases and termination disputes. It has a strong focus on the financial services and energy and resources sectors, and also acts for the government sector."
"Strength in industrial relations and long-standing popularity with blue-chip clients."
"King & Wood Mallesons is an increasingly prominent player in the field of employment law."
"With an able and experienced team, King & Wood Mallesons provides clients with access to senior players on a continuous basis."
"They don't create work for the sake of driving up the fees – the work they do is what is essential."