The real deal
Our first-class Corporate, M&A, and Commercial practice acts on some of the highest-profile transactions in the world. Working with some of the world’s largest companies, investment banks, private equity firms and investors, we offer a full service – covering corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, corporate governance and commercial work.
As the only international law firm headquartered in Asia, we bring unique insights to clients seeking to navigate the cultural and regulatory complexities of doing business in Asia. It’s no wonder we regularly do more deals than any other law firm in the region. It’s also no surprise that we have such strength in cross-border capability – particularly in and out of Asia.
We don’t just do the big deals, and act across all types of M&A transactions and the full range of industry sectors. We can build a team for your market.
This is just part of what makes us a leading M&A team. We also have renowned securities, capital markets and private equity practices that add to our full service offering. In addition, our transactional, regulatory and fund formation capabilities attract private equity clients from around the globe.
We make it our business to understand your business, tailor our advice to your needs, and help you to succeed in your objectives – in a way you value.
Show moreShow less
Our services include:
- Mergers and Acquisitions (public and private)
- Corporate Advisory
- Commercial Contracts & Outsourcing
- Cross-border Investment
- Labour & Employment
- Anti-bribery & Corruption
- Private Equity
- Funds M&A.
Recent key deals include:
- HKD$19 billion Alibaba privatisation financing via a syndicate consisting of Mizuho Bank, HSBC, Credit Suisse, DBS and ANZ and China Development Bank
- Weichai Power on its €738 million equity investment in KION Group. This was the largest-ever direct investment by a Chinese company in Germany
- Weichai Power on the subsequent exercise of its call options to increase its equity stake in KION Group to 30% of the total issued shares, after KION Group listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
- Daimler AG and Daimler Northeast Asia Ltd on its RMB 5.13 billion investment for a 12% stake in BAIC Motor Corporation by way of share subscription
- China Molybdenum Co, Ltd, a dual-listed Hong Kong and Shanghai resources company, on its US$820m acquisition of Rio Tinto's 80% interest in the Northparkes underground copper mine in Australia
- GE Capital Corporation in relation to its share in the US$5.5 billion sale of Bank of Ayudhya to Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group via a voluntary tender offer
- Astorg Partners on its US$1 billion / €650 million leveraged buyout on the Kerneos Group
- British Land on its strategic partnership with GIC, the sovereign wealth fund of the government of Singapore, in relation to its newly formed JV involving the Broadgate Estate – the City of London’s premier 30-acre office and retail estate
- China’s State Power Investment Corporation on its acquisition of Pacific Hydro, IFM’s renewable energy portfolio
- GE on the sale of its A$8.2 billion Australian consumer finance business to a consortium consisting of KKR, Varde and Deutsche Bank
- Transurban Queensland on its successful A$1.87 billion acquisition of the AirportLinkM7 toll road in Queensland following a competitive bid process
- Queensland Investment Corporation on the acquisition of Energy Australia’s Iona Gas Plant valued at $1.78 billion.
"Maintains its position as one of the go-to firms for Corporate and M&A transactions."