Benefit from our partner-led expertise on business practice and risk exposure
When you face allegations of abuse of market power or abuse of a dominant position, we defend you. We also bring novel actions to successfully challenge practices by our clients' competitors.
Internationally, competition regulators are showing a renewed focus on enforcement against anti-competitive practices by dominant companies. Our competition lawyers work with you to avoid the risks of breaches of abuse of dominance provisions.
Drawing on our relationships with regulators, we reach the best resolution for you. This includes getting investigations closed and avoiding or minimising any penalties and reputational damage.
We advise clients in a wide range of industries on:
- The way competition authorities define markets
- Identifying dominance
- Business practices – particularly distribution strategies, pricing issues, discount and rebate structures and guidance on a wide range of conduct issues for companies with market power
- Defending allegations of abuse before regulators and courts
- Challenging abusive practices by dominant companies.
Show moreShow less
Our law firm has led the way in landmark abuse of dominance investigations and cases around the world, including advising:
- Cabcharge Australia Ltd when the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission alleged abuse of dominance in financial services and taxi cab markets
- Telstra and Sensis in the telecommunications and directories sectors
- A client in the UK active in the food sector in relation to an alleged margin squeeze
- On the first complaint under Article 102 for abuse of the patent process resulting in a significant fine being imposed on the dominant company found to have engaged in abusive practices and expanding the scope of Article 102
- Qihoo on the abuse of dominance litigation against Tencent, the first antitrust case to be heard by the Highest People’s Court in China, and one that had a significant impact on China antitrust civil litigation
- Arrow Génériques on a complaint related to abuses of dominance brought before the French Competition Authority against Schering-Plough.
"The Competition team always does a good job - they've helped us overcome some critical situations."