Integrated expertise across all aspects of project finance
Decades of experience in major energy, resources and infrastructure projects gives us a deep understanding of the business drivers at every stage of a project.
Drawing on our sector expertise and multidisciplinary approach, we work with clients to help them achieve their strategic finance requirements by providing multi-party experience, project management skills and the ability to combine rigorous analysis with astute commercial judgment.
Our clients include lenders, developers, project companies, contractors and other parties. And the areas of project finance law we advise on include:
- Bankability / risk analysis of project documents
- Loan documentation
- Intercreditor issues
- Security packages
- Sponsor support
- Export Credit Agency support.
Show moreShow less
Our recent involvement in project finance includes advising:
- Sinopec, Exxon-Mobil and Saudi Aramco Overseas BV on a multi-currency loan facility equivalent to around thirty billion RMB to the first Fujian-based integrated petroleum refinery in China
- Guangdong Dapeng LNG Company Ltd on its borrowing of RMB long-term, USD long-term and working capital loans equivalent to more than ¥5 billion from a syndicate of Chinese banks and arranged by the Agricultural Bank of China for its Guangdong liquefied natural gas pipeline project
- The borrower on the Meizhouwan Power Plant refinancing project, the first refinancing transaction in China by a Chinese bank to a wholly foreign-owned project, where the parties re-negotiated to restructure all foreign debts of the project
- The financiers and mezzanine financiers to the AUD 3.5 billion Victoria Desalination plant
- The financiers to the US$1.2 billion Karara iron ore project
- CDB, as Hong Kong counsel, in a US$242.7 million loan financing of a build own operate transfer (BOOT) project for Nam Ngiep 2 hydropower power plant located in Laos
- Gravis Capital Partners LLP and UK Green Investment Bank on the project financing of a recovered wood gasification plant in Tyseley, Birmingham.
"A truly impressive Projects team - very cohesive and responsive. They attend to detail and understand our particular needs."