We have a group of professional Chinese lawyers and patent agents who have been active at the forefront of legal practice in China and Japan for many years. Apart from being proficient in traditional areas for legal business, we are also committed to the research and practical exploration of laws and regulations on the latest technologies and business models. We do our utmost to provide clients with practical and innovative legal solutions to help achieve their business goals.
The legal services we provide mainly include:
- Cross-border investment, M & A, divestments and liquidation between China and Japan
- Corporate governance, legal advice on corporate commercial affairs
- Anti-Trust law, competition law
- Commercial bribery, customs, foreign exchange and other compliance businesses
- IP, information and communication, e-commerce, data protection
- Real estate development and trading
- China-Japan cross-border commodity and technology trade, import and export policies
- Labor relations strategy, labor disputes
- Corporate crisis management, commercial disputes
We fully understand the differences between China’s and Japan’s economic environment and business culture, and have extensive experience in facilitating business transactions between companies in both countries. Our Japanese law attorneys worked closely with our PRC law attorneys to help clients complete several landmark acquisitions of Japanese companies in areas such as energy, new materials, home appliances, Internet services, real estate, and movie and entertainment, providing clients with professional and efficient services.
As an international law firm headquartered in Asia, KWM provides quality legal services to clients in areas including M & A, corporate business affairs, banking and financing, securities and capital markets, PE and international funds, competition and trade regulation, engineering and energy, bankruptcy and restructuring, dispute resolution, intellectual property, taxation, etc. KWM has strength in depth with teams of Chinese lawyers and IP experts in 12 cities across China and dozens of legal professionals with Japanese as their working language based in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Chengdu. We rely on KWM’s comprehensive legal and information resources worldwide to provide professional and efficient legal services to our clients through cooperation with professional teams in various fields.