Representing the interests of the retail sector
Retailers around the world are capitalising on changing consumer behaviour and advances in technology, offering multi-channel experiences to customers, and streamlining their international supply chains.
We recognise that retailers need to respond to these opportunities quickly. As a full service law firm, our clients can attest to our wide-ranging expertise and experience, and the way we integrate our industry knowledge to give them a competitive edge.
Our retailing client base spans the sector, including well known high street, multi-channel and online retailers, as well as shopping centre developers and managers, and leading investors.
Our expertise includes:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures
- Private equity
- Corporate and commercial restructuring
- Real estate
- Supply and logistics
- Branding and IP
- Competition and regulatory
- Online selling
- Concession and franchise agreements
- Advertising and marketing.
Show moreShow less
Our experience includes advising:
- Woolworths, one of Australia’s largest retailers, across a range of matters including promotional campaigns, IT projects, procurement issues, and disputes
- SuperGroup plc on all of the real estate aspects of their continental European and Middle Eastern expansion plan for their brand Superdry. This includes advising on management matters across their property portfolio and negotiating their new lease, franchise and joint venture agreements with landlords and their partners across the EMEA region
- Investcorp on its $140 million acquisition of Georg Jensen, the Danish luxury retailer from Axcel Capital Partners
- A major international luxury fashion brands company in relation to its trademark filing, opposition and enforcement strategy across Europe
- A Burberry franchisee on the sale of the franchise covering Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Australia and Singapore back to the Burberry parent company
- Super Retail Group on its acquisition of Rebel Group Limited – one of Australia’s largest sporting goods and apparel retailers – from private equity group Archer Capital.
"Impressive level of knowledge, efficient and effective working relationships."