Wang Yu specialises in U.S. capital markets with more than 10 years of experience advising on securities offerings, private equity deals and other corporate transactions. He represents corporate clients, investment banks and private equity funds on transactional matters including capital markets, private equity and financial derivative products.
In 2018, Mr. Wang was recognised for his expertise in Capital Markets (Equity) in Hong Kong by Legal 500 Asia Pacific. Prior to joining KWM, he worked in leading U.S. international law firms in New York, Beijing and Hong Kong. He is fluent in Mandarin and English.
- Representing issuers and sponsors for a number of listing applications on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange of biotech companies under Listing Rules Chapter 18A.*
- Represented Haitong International Capital Limited on Genescript Biotech Corporation’s initial public offering on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. *
- Represented Shanghai Dazhong Public Utilities (Group) Co., Ltd. in its initial public offering on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. *
- Represented Phoenix New Media Limited in its initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange. *
- Represented 500.com Limited in its initial public offering on NASDAQ. *
- Represented Covanta Holding Corp. in its call spread transaction in connection with its US$400 million convertible notes offering.*
- Represented Catalent Pharma Solutions Inc. in its Interests Rate Swap transactions. *
- Represented Blackstone Finance Holdings Co. in its Interest Rate Swap and FX transactions. *
- Represented Oversea Shipping Group, Inc. in its tender offer. *
- Proposed acquisition by a private equity firm in the green energy industry in the U.S. *
- Proposed strategic acquisition in the energy industry by Blackstone Group. *
*Transactions Mr. Wang completed prior to joining KWM.