Song Yue specializes in advising issuers and underwriters on transactions across the international debt capital market space, with extensive experience in investment-grade and high-yield offerings and liability management exercises. A number of Song's transactions have been shortlisted for debt and equity-linked or high-yield "Deal of the Year" awards.
Song received his Juris Doctor degree from Harvard Law School and undergraduate degree from the University of Toronto. Song speaks native Mandarin and fluent English. Prior to joining the firm, Song practiced at the Hong Kong office of another major international law firm.
Work highlights include advising*:
- the underwriters on SEC-registered debt offerings by the Republic of Korea;
- China Three Gorges on its debt offerings;
- the dealers on debt offerings by State Grid Corporation of China under an MTN programme;
- the joint bookrunners on offshore preference share offerings by Bank of China;
- the joint bookrunners and dealer managers on various high-yield debt offerings and liability management exercises by China Greentown Holdings;
- China Grand Auto on its exchange offer and high-yield debt offerings; and
- WTT, a portfolio company of two private equity sponsors, on its debut sponsor-style high-yield debt offering.
*Includes transactions completed prior to joining KWM