Rachel is a Partner of King & Wood Mallesons in the Dispute Resolution team. She has over 12 years of experience advising clients primarily on complex financial disputes.
Rachel’s clients include PRC and global investment banks, retail banks, private equity funds, asset managers, brokerages, Chinese listed companies and high net worth individuals. She regularly advises on regulatory investigations by regulatory and enforcement authorities such as the Securities and Futures Commission, the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and the Hong Kong Monetary Authority and on commercial disputes including mis-selling, fraud, injunctions, debt recovery, security enforcement, joint venture and shareholders’ disputes. Rachel also advises clients on associated PR and internal crisis management strategies.
Rachel has been named as a “Next Generation Lawyer” in Dispute Resolution: Litigation by Legal 500 Asia Pacific from 2017 to 2019.
Rachel is qualified in Hong Kong. She speaks fluent English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Recent Representative experience
- Advising a leading Asian bank in defending a High Court action brought by a Hong Kong company and its liquidators consisting of a statutory claim that the bank was aware of the company's intent to defraud creditors; and an equitable claim, that the bank dishonestly and/or knowingly assisted the company's commission of fraud
- Advising famous high-net-worth individuals in a high profile family dispute which developed into three sets of proceedings all involving complex trust issues and innovative legal arguments; advising on PR strategy
- Defending the founding family of a well-known Hong Kong shipping group in a Mareva injunction application concerning US$60 million of assets ; advising on the underlying dispute which involves simultaneous legal proceedings in South Africa, Singapore and Hong Kong
- Acting for an international waste services corporation and its directors in 16 high-profile prosecutions made by the Hong Kong Government in connection with the operation of one of the strategic landfills in Hong Kong
- Advising a leading international investment bank in relation to an enquiry by the SFC's enforcement division regarding the collapse of a HKEx Main Board listed company
- Advising various Hong Kong listed companies in investigations by the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and/or the SFC involving potential market misconduct, insider dealing and corporate governance issues.
- Acting for a leading advertising and media company in China in a dispute with its partner concerning a joint venture in Beijing which developed into 2 arbitrations at the HKIAC and an injunction proceedings before the Hong Kong Court
- Assisting a famous entertainment company in enforcing a PRC judgment against a PRC individual in Hong Kong pursuant to the Mainland Judgments (Reciprocal Enforcement) Ordinance