Leonie specialises in financial crime investigations and compliance.
Leonie has investigated and advised in relation to anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing (“AML/CTF”), sanctions and bribery issues under UK, US and Hong Kong law and regulations. She has a wealth of experience in assisting clients to respond to enforcement action brought by various global regulators, including the Hong Kong Monetary Authority, US Office of Foreign Assets Control and the UK Financial Conduct Authority.
Leonie has extensive experience in assisting corporates and financial institutions to build or remediate compliance programmes benchmarking them against regulator expectations. Leonie has conducted a significant number of AML/CTF and bribery audits and risk assessments across various sectors.
Leonie’s work includes:
- advising global banks under enforcement for suspected regulatory breaches;
- working with industry and government bodies in relation to AML/CTF regulatory changes in Hong Kong and the development of associated industry guidance;
- advising in relation to new technologies including KYC utilities and digital identity initiatives;
- advising on the risk of sanctions breaches arising from proposed transactions under global sanctions regimes;
- designing financial crime compliance policies and programmes, including for virtual asset service providers;
- conducting compliance due diligence, particularly in relation to investment in high risk jurisdictions.
Leonie is regularly asked to deliver training to clients and presentations at industry events in relation to financial crime.
Leonie is admitted in Hong Kong and England & Wales.