Khin Voong is a Counsel in the Banking & Finance team in the Hong Kong office of King & Wood Mallesons. Khin has extensive experience in a wide range of lending transactions including real estate financing, acquisition financing, fund financing, syndicated and bilateral loans, and loan participation notes. He has a particular focus on cross-border lending across Asia Pacific involving jurisdictions such as Hong Kong, PRC, Australia and Singapore.
Khin acts for lenders and borrowers, including international banks, securities houses, and corporate borrowers based in the PRC, Hong Kong and overseas.
Khin obtained a Master of Arts, and a Bachelor of Arts in Jurisprudence from the University of Oxford. Khin is qualified to practice in Hong Kong and England and Wales.
- Acting for a leading Singaporean bank in connection with the approximately US$100m financing for the acquisition of a portfolio of PRC commercial properties, featuring onshore and offshore security.
- Advising China Lodging as borrower on a US$500m syndicated acquisition financing facility, arranged by Deutsche Bank.
- Acting for the arrangers on a US$250 million syndicated loan facility to China International Capital Corporation (Hong Kong) Limited, arranged by HSBC and Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited.
- Advising a major PRC conglomerate as borrower in connection with the real estate acquisition financing of a commercial building in Canary Wharf, London.
- Over €250m loan facility for the subscription of shares in a European company by a major group in the PRC, acting as counsel to Borrower and Guarantor.
- Advising HSBC as lender on a capital call loan facility for a well-known credit fund.
- Advising a leading Chinese securities firm on their loan participation notes program, featuring numerous loans to offshore holding companies of PRC businesses.
- Legal 500 – “The ‘very knowledgeable’ Khin Voong, who made counsel, has ‘solid in-house and private practice experience’”