Jingjing Jiang is a Partner in the Corporate and Securities Group of King & Wood Mallesons in Hong Kong.
Jingjing’s practice includes formation of all types of private funds including private equity, buyout, venture capital, real estate, infrastructure, fund of funds, credit, debt and mezzanine, secondary and hedge funds. He is also experienced in advising fund managers on separately managed accounts, co-investment and carried interest structuring and is familiar with fund structures in all major jurisdictions, including Cayman Islands, Mauritius, Singapore, the Channel Islands, the United Kingdom, Luxembourg and Delaware. He also acted on both buyer and seller sides on large secondary transactions.
Jingjing has advised some of the leading players in Europe and Asia including Triton, Europa, the Abraaj Group, Standard Chartered Bank, UBS, CIMB, Equis and a number of sovereign wealth funds. His clients include Ping An, JIDA Capital, CAS Investment, Cash Capital, JD Capital, New China Capital, CGN, China Resources, Poly Real Estate and Bank of China Group Investment.
Jingjing was named in Asian Legal Business’ (ALB) 2017 “40 under 40” list of most outstanding legal professionals in Asia representing the brightest young legal minds in Asia. He was recently named in China Business Law Journal’s “Rising Star 2020” list, which profiles 30 most accomplished next generation lawyers in China.
Jingjing is qualified to practise in Hong Kong and PRC. He is a native Chinese and speaks fluent English.
- Acted for Equis on its USD2.3 billion fund establishment for Equis Asia Fund, Equis Asia Fund II, Equis Direct Investment Fund and Japan Solar Fund
- Acted for Abraaj Capital on establishment of its USD250 million South-East Asia Fund
- Acted for Triton on the establishment of its EUR3.3 billion Triton Fund IV
- Acted for Europa Capital on its EUR750 million Europa Fund V
- Acted for Paloma Capital on its GBP150 million Paloma Real Estate Fund I
- Acted for Adamas Asset Management on establishment of a USD500 million China credit fund focusing on providing alternative liquidity to growth and operationally strong companies in Greater China
- Acted for CIMB Private Equity and Mitsubishi on its USD300 million ASEAN focused fund
- Acted for CAS Investment on its USD100 million China-focused private equity fund
- Acted for Cash Capital on establishment of venture capital fund with a target fund size of USD120 million
- Acted for JD Capital on establishment of its third US$ fund with a target fund size of USD300 million
- Acted for China Resources Enterprise on establishment of its first global consumer fund with a target size of USD1 billion
Show moreShow less
- Acted for CGN on establishment of its first European renewable energy fund with a target size of EUR1 billion
- Acted for a number of large sovereign wealth funds, top international institutional investors, PRC insurance companies and banking entities in their investments in over twenty top-performing global and Asia private funds
- Acted on structuring of a global carried interest scheme for the private equity arm of a large international bank and a carried interest and co-investment scheme for a secondary fund managed by the same group
- Acted for a major European bank and a pension fund in Nordic countries in disposing of large fund portfolios in secondary transactions
- 2014: Admitted as a solicitor in Hong Kong (High Court)
- 2008: Admitted as an attorney in China
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
- LL.B. (Hons), East China University of Political Science and Law, 2005
- LL.M, Transnational Law and Business University Graduate School of Law, 2007