Jessica Zhou has extensive experience in advising various consortiums, banks and corporate borrowers on their transactions on acquisition financing, real estate financing, cross border financing, project financing and margin financing facilities.
Jessica obtained a bachelor's degree of Economics and International Relations from The Johns Hopkins University in the U.S., and an LL.B from The University of Sydney in Australia. She is a solicitor admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia and the High Court of Hong Kong.
Jessica has been ranked by IFLR1000 as a highly regarded lawyer in Banking and Finance.
Jessica is a native Mandarin and Cantonese speaker and fluent in English. She is capable of drafting legal documents in both English and Chinese.
- DBS Bank: HK$3.5 billion (or its equivalent in US dollars) term loan facility to the Borrower for financing the payment to its scheme shareholders in relation to its privatisation
- ICBC International: US$150 million syndicated term loan to Sinopharm Financial Leasing loan for general working capital purposes
- China Merchants Bank: US$1,100 million syndicated acquisition financing to a SPV established by Hopu Fund for its subscription of preference shares issued by a major insurance company with operations in East Asia and South East Asia
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China: US$800 million syndicated loan facility to Dalian Wanda Group supported by a cross border guarantee
- Standard Chartered Bank (China) Limited: HK$2.3 billion syndicated loan to Shanghai Juneyao Airline Hong Kong Limited supported by a cross border guarantee
- HSBC: HK$1.8 billion bridge loan for the acquisition of shares in a listed company by the HK subsidiary of a PRC SOE and for the subsequent MGO
- China Merchants Bank: Financing Hopu Fund’s acquisition of convertible preference shares in an insurance company headquartered in Hong Kong and with business in Southeast Asia
- Hang Seng Bank Limited: US$100 million onshore offshore financing for the construction and refinancing of a residential property in Shanghai to the offshore subsidiary of Fosun International
- ICBC International Finance Limited: HK$3.8 billion syndicated loan facility to Suning Financial Services supported by cross border guarantees
- Zijin Mining Group: US$840 million syndicated loan facility arranged by a Chinese state-owned bank and supported by a cross border guarantee for the acquisition of a mining company in Canada
- China Tian Yuan Manganese Limited: US$150 million senior facility and US$300 million mezzanine facility for the financing of the acquisition of Consmin, owners and operators of manganese mines in Australia and Ghana
- Haitong: Bridge Financing to Chinese conglomerate Gangtai group for its acquisition of 85% interest in Buccellati, Italian high jewelry house
- State-owned Chinese mining company: US$700 million acquisition syndicated loan facility for the acquisition of the remaining interest in Tenke Fugurume Mine in the Democratic Republic of Congo from Canadian listed Lundin Mining Corporation
- GF Holdings (Hong Kong) Ltd.: HK$8 billion BOCHK arranged syndicated facility involving 35 participating banks for working capital purposes and for developing corporate bond and note issuance services
- A PRC Policy Bank: US$700 million financing for the construction of the 400MW hydro-electric power plant project in Stung Treng Province, Cambodia.
- China Export-Import Bank Shanghai Branch: Advising in the purchase of a loan from a Japanese bank
- Fuyo Lease (HK) Limited: Advising in the purchase of a loan from a Japanese bank
- Cinda: Advising in the purchase of distressed debt from a Chinese bank