Guo Sun (Goz) is a Partner in the Corporate and Securities Group of our Hong Kong office.
Guo Sun specialises on the formation of mid-size to large private equity, buy-out and emerging market funds, fund restructuring and co-investment arrangements, in particular for private equity fund houses. Guo Sun also has experience in real estate funds and real estate debt fund formation. Guo Sun advises some of the leading players in Europe and Asia including PAI partners, Triton Partners, Abraaj Capital, a large Chinese sovereign wealth fund, Temasek Holdings Singapore, a large Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth fund, Equis Asia, Macquarie, Patron Capital and Longbow Real Estate.
Guo Sun has been named to ALB Asia’s inaugural “40 under 40” 2015 list of Asia’s brightest young legal minds, and most recently, by Who's Who Legal in 2018 for Private Funds.
Guo Sun is qualified as a solicitor in Singapore, Hong Kong and England and Wales.
- Acted for Logos on establishment of two funds, Logos China Logistics Venture L.P. and Logos SE Asia Venture 1 L.P. focusing on acquiring and developing logistics and industrial facilities in PRC, Singapore and other South East Asian countries
- Acted for Equis on its USD2.3 billion fund establishment and fundraising for Equis Asia Fund I and II, L.P. and Equis Direct Investment Fund, L.P. and additional capital raising for an existing Equis fund, Japan Solar, L.P.
- Acted for AIGF Advisors (ASEAN Industrial Growth Fund) on its USD300 million third party fund setup. The fund is launched by CIMB Private Equity and Mitsubishi to channel Japanese corporates looking to invest in mid-tier ASEAN countries
- Advised a large Australian infrastructure fund institution on a co-investment with an Abu Dhabi institutional investor in real estate development in China (the aggregate value of the co-investment is USD1 billion)
- Acted on the fundraising of Abraaj Capital's South-East Asia Fund II (USD250 million); PAI Europe V (EUR5.4 billion); Triton Fund III (EUR2.5billion); Triton Fund IV EUR3.3 billion); and Patron Capital IV, L.P. (EUR880 million)
- Acted for Macquarie on a number of its fund establishments and fundraising, including an Asian regional infrastructure platform (USD3.1 billion), Macquarie Greater China Infrastructure Fund (USD 870 million), Macquarie/State Bank of India Infrastructure Fund (USD1.25 billion) and Philippine Investment Alliance for Infrastructure fund (USD625 million)
Show moreShow less
- Acted for an Asian oil & gas fund manager on the establishment and fundraising of a fund with a target size of USD1 billion
- Acted for IL&FS on the establishment of its USD500 million Indian infrastructure fund
- Acted for Cash Capital on the establishment of its fund early stage technology and innovation driven ventures with target fund size of USD120 million
- Acted for Adamas Asset Management on its USD500 million China credit fund with Ping An Trust Co. focusing on providing alternative liquidity to growth and operationally strong companies in Greater China
- Acted for a Middle East sovereign wealth fund for its investment into several large European and Korean fund investments
- Acted for Temasek, a Singapore sovereign wealth fund, for its investment into several funds, including an Africa focussed private equity fund and a China focussed private equity fund