Guo Sun (Goz) specialises on the formation of mid-size to large private equity, buy-out and emerging market funds, fund restructuring and co-investment arrangements, in particular for private equity fund houses. Guo Sun also has experience in real estate funds and real estate debt fund formation. Guo Sun advises some of the leading players in Europe and Asia including PAI partners, Triton Partners, Abraaj Capital, a large Chinese sovereign wealth fund, a large Singapore sovereign fund, a large Abu Dhabi sovereign wealth fund, Equis Asia, Macquarie, Logos, Patron Capital and Longbow Real Estate.
Guo Sun has been named in ALB Asia’s inaugural “40 under 40” 2015 list of Asia’s brightest young legal minds.
Guo Sun is qualified as a solicitor in Singapore, Hong Kong and England and Wales.
- Acted for KaiLong Real Estate Investment on its establishment of a Cayman fund focussed on real estate opportunities in China and Hong Kong, targeting USD550 million of committed capital
- Acted for UBS on its role as manager of Boustead Development Partnership, a SGD250 million joint venture between a Middle East sovereign wealth fund and developer Boustead Projects for the development and redevelopment of new industrial facilities in Singapore
- Acted for UBS on its establishment of a Singapore fund focussed on investments in residential properties in Japan
- Acted for ShuiOn Land on its establishment of a structure with China Life and Manulife focussed on investments in properties in China, with target fund size of USD1 billion
- Acted for a Hong Kong family office on its investment into the Greater Bay Area Homeland Development Fund, a HKD30 billion PRC government-backed fund focused on supporting scientific and technological innovation in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area
Show moreShow less
- Acted for a large sovereign wealth fund on its investment into CPE China Fund III, a USD2.2 billion China focussed fund
- Acted for a large sovereign wealth fund on its investment into Affinity Asia Pacific Fund V L.P., a USD6 billion fund focussed on making control-oriented investments
- Acted for a large sovereign wealth fund on its investment into HonyCapital Fund VIII (Cayman), L.P., a USD2 billion China focussed fund
- Acted for PRC financial institution on its investment into CDH Fund VI, L.P., a USD2.5 billion fund focussed on investing in established companies that benefit from the growth of the Chinese economy
- Acted for a sovereign wealth fund on its investment into DyalCapital Partners IV LP, a USD5.5 billion fund focussed on acquiring minority equity interests in investment management companies
- Acted for Kerogen Capital on its establishment of a Cayman successor fund (together with its parallel fund and co-investment vehicles) with committed capital exceeding USD800 million
- Acted for Logos SE Asia on its establishment of Logos Singapore Logistics Venture L.P., a SGD412.5 million (approx. USD300 million) fund focussed on developing and acquiring a portfolio of high quality logistics facilities in Singapore
- Acted for Logos Property on its establishment of Logos Indonesia Logistics Venture LP, a USD200 million Asian venture focussing on acquiring and developing high quality logistics and industrial facilities in Indonesia
- Acted for Logos Property on its establishment of a USD200 million fund focussing on acquiring and developing logistics and industrial facilities in the PRC with a first close of USD100 million
- Acted for Logos Property on its establishment of Logos China Logistics Venture 3 LP, a USD415 million fund focussed on acquiring and developing high quality logistics facilities in certain cities in China
- Acted for Logos Property on its establishment of Logos India Logistics Venture Pte.Ltd., a USD410 million fund focussed on developing and acquiring a portfolio of high quality logistics, warehouse and light industrial projects and properties in India
- Acted for Anthem Asia on its establishment of Anthem Asia Myanmar SME Venture Fund LP, a Singapore fund focussed on providing growth and expansion capital to SMEs operating in Myanmar
- Acted for a sovereign wealth fund on its investments in Genesis Fund I and II
- Acted for a Hong Kong family office on its investment in HuaxingFund III