Guo Sun (Goz) specialises on the formation of mid-size to large private equity, buy-out, real estate and emerging market funds and also acts for investors, including prominent Hong Kong family offices and large sovereign wealth funds.
Guo Sun advises some of the leading players in Europe and Asia including Logos, KaiLong Group and UBS.
Guo Sun Lee has been ranked as a leading individual in Investment Funds (China International Firms) by the Chambers Asia-Pacific 2020 guide, where he was noted that "He's a very pragmatic person, he's very capable and he always responds on time," going on to add: "Working with a partner such as himself, he's able to keep the legal part as commercial as possible." (Chambers Asia Pacific, 2020)
He was named in ALB Asia’s inaugural “40 under 40” 2015 list of Asia’s brightest young legal minds.
Guo Sun is qualified as a solicitor in Singapore, Hong Kong and England and Wales.
- Acted for KaiLong Real Estate Investment on its establishment of a Cayman fund focussed on real estate opportunities in Mainland China and Hong Kong, with fund size of approx. USD600 million
- Acted for Logos Property on its establishment of Logos China Logistics Venture 3 LP (a USD415 million fund) and Logos China Logistics Venture 4 LP (a USD800million fund), each focussed on acquiring and developing high quality logistics facilities in certain cities in China
- Acted for Logos SE Asia on its establishment of Logos Singapore Logistics Venture L.P., a SGD412.5 million (approx. USD300 million) fund focussed on developing and acquiring a portfolio of high quality logistics facilities in Singapore
- Acted for Shui On Land on its establishment of a structure with China Life and Manulife focussed on investments in properties in China, with target fund size of USD1 billion
- Acted for a Hong Kong family office on its investment into the Greater Bay Area Homeland Development Fund, a HKD30 billion PRC government-backed fund focused on supporting scientific and technological innovation in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area
Show moreShow less
- Acted for Alphatecture on its establishment of a Cayman fund focussed on investments in semiconductor designs and Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT) technology sectors, with target fund size of USD200 million
- Acted for UBS on the establishment of a SGD250 million joint venture between a Middle East sovereign wealth fund and developer Boustead Projects for the development and redevelopment of new industrial facilities in Singapore
- Acted for UBS on its establishment of a Singapore fund focussed on investments in residential properties in Japan
- Acted for a large sovereign wealth fund on its investment into Affinity Asia Pacific Fund V L.P., a USD6 billion fund focussed on making control-oriented investments
- Acted for a large sovereign wealth fund on its investment into Hony Capital Fund VIII (Cayman), L.P., a USD2 billion China focussed fund
- Acted for a sovereign wealth fund on its investment into Dyal Capital Partners IV LP, a USD5.5 billion fund focussed on acquiring minority equity interests in investment management companies
- Acted for Kerogen Capital on its establishment of a Cayman successor fund (together with its parallel fund and co-investment vehicles) with committed capital exceeding USD800 million
- Acted for Logos Property on its establishment of Logos Indonesia Logistics Venture LP, a USD200 million Asian venture focussing on acquiring and developing high quality logistics and industrial facilities in Indonesia
- Acted for Logos Property on its establishment of a USD200 million fund focussing on acquiring and developing logistics and industrial facilities in the PRC with a first close of USD100 million
- Acted for Logos Property on its establishment of Logos India Logistics Venture Pte. Ltd., a USD410 million fund focussed on developing and acquiring a portfolio of high quality logistics, warehouse and light industrial projects and properties in India
- Acted for Anthem Asia on its establishment of Anthem Asia Myanmar SME Venture Fund LP, a Singapore fund focussed on providing growth and expansion capital to SMEs operating in Myanmar