In relation to commercial disputes, Edmund has assisted banks and financiers to enforce loans, bonds or notes which are in default, including conducting arbitrations in cross border loans. His other commercial litigation/arbitration experience covers cases involving assessment of land premium, breach of good faith, rights issues, placing and underwriting of shares, shareholders disputes, conversion of personal property, general contractual disputes and professional services matters. He has recently also advised on matters relating to the Financial Reporting Council.
In relation to insolvency, Edmund has advised on companies winding up, bankruptcy and receivership matters, and has advised and acted for liquidators in recovering assets.
In relation to employment, Edmund has primarily advised employers on matters concerning breach of restrictive covenants, termination, summary dismissal, discrimination and employment contracts. He has also advised and acted for employers on employment disputes in the labour tribunal and in the High Court.
Edmund is a Contributing Editor of Chitty on Contracts, Hong Kong Specific Contracts, Chapter 5 - Construction Contracts, a Contributing Editor of the Hong Kong Civil Justice Reform Practice Manual, a co-author of Arbitration in 'Hong Kong - A Practical Guide', and a co-author of 'Commercial Litigation in Hong Kong - A Practical Guide'.
- 1993: Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Chemistry - University of Bristol, England
- 1994: Postgraduate Diploma in Law - BBP Law School/Nottingham Trent University, England
- 1995: Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice - BBP Law School/Nottingham Trent University, England
- 1997: Admitted as Solicitor of the High Court of Hong Kong
- 1998: Admitted as Solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales
- The developer of commercial developments on Central Waterfront, Hong Kong.
- Contractors in relation to the Taiwan High Speed Rail Project in conciliations and arbitrations.
- The HK Stock Exchange on the preparation of a suite of construction contracts in relation to the construction of its Next Generation Data Centre.
- A Korean contractor of an oil and gas pipeline export facility project located in the Russian Federation on its claims against an US employer.
- A developer of a residential building in an arbitration against the main contractor, and advising the same developer on complaints and claims from purchasers.
- Macanese casino on disputes against the contractor with arbitration in Hong Kong and litigation in Macau running concurrently.
- A PRC State-owned enterprise on a mining contract dispute in Australia
- A major US bank on loan defaults in relation to various real estate projects in the PRC and Asia, and advising on enforcement options.
- A major US bank on a complex multi-party arbitration in Hong Kong concerning loan defaults and contractual disputes on a real estate project in the PRC.
- A multi-national mining company in relation to enforcement of a London arbitration award in HK and PRC.
- A international insurance brokerage against an ex-employee concerning termination and restrictive covenants
- An international consultancy on the termination of employment of its global president
- A major Hong Kong bank as trustee for bondholders in relation to a default in exchangeable bonds.
- A Singaporean listed company in a shareholder's dispute in Hong Kong.
- An accounting firm in relation to an investigation by the Financial Reporting Council.
- A Hong Kong listed company in relation to an investigation by the Financial Reporting Council.
- Multi-million dollar insolvency of a jewellery business in Hong Kong.
- The Hong Kong Association of Banks in relation to the Hong Kong Government's consultation on the setting up of the Financial Dispute Resolution Centre, and the Mediation Bill.
- A PRC state-owned enterprise in an arbitration in Hong Kong conducted in Chinese concerning power plants in Africa.
- The chairman and other officers of a listed company charged with false accounting and conspiracy to defraud shareholders.
- The relative of the chairman of a listed company on investigations by the Independent Commission Against Corruption.
- Member of the Law Society of Hong Kong
- Associate Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Arbitrators
- CEDR Accredited Mediator
- Former Chairman, Society of Construction Law Hong Kong