Corey Zhang has over a decade of experience advising issuers and underwriters on a range of equity and debt capital markets transactions including Hong Kong IPOs, London global depositary receipt offerings and Rule 144A and Regulation S debt offerings, as well as general corporate and compliance matters.
Corey is native in Mandarin and fluent in English and Cantonese, and his clients include PRC and international investment banks, and corporates across various industries, including financial services, technology, healthcare, consumer goods, industrials, real estate, and energy. Over the years, Corey has worked on over 30 IPOs, including many "landmark" and "first of its kind" transactions, raising an aggregate of over US$30 billion. He is well regarded by the investment banking and corporate communities for his strong execution skills, deep client commitment and close PRC cultural affinity.
Corey obtained his LL.B degree from the University of International Relations in 2007 and his LL.M degree from the New York University School of Law in 2008.
Corey is admitted to practice in the State of New York, United States and is a registered foreign lawyer in Hong Kong.
- Advised China Resources Mixc Lifestyle Services Limited on its spin-off listing and US$1.6 billion Hong Kong IPO. (listed in December 2020)*
- Advised the joint sponsors CCB International, Haitong International Securities, ABC International and CLSA Limited, and the other nine underwriters on China Bohai Bank Co., Ltd.'s US$1.78 billion Hong Kong IPO. (listed in July 2020)*
- Advised UBS and Huatai International (as joint global coordinators) and HSBC, CICC, Morgan Stanley and J.P. Morgan (as joint bookrunners) on China Pacific Insurance (Group) Co., Ltd.'s US$1.8 billion GDR offering under the Shanghai-London Stock Connect scheme. (listed in June 2020)*
- Advised XD Inc., a leading online game developer and operator in China, on its HK$706 million Hong Kong IPO. (listed in November 2019)*
- Advised Huatai Securities ,Ltd. on its US$1.7 billion London GDR offering, the first GDR transaction under the Shanghai-London Stock Connect scheme. (listed in June 2019)*
- Advised Wemob, a leading provider of cloud-based commerce and marketing solutions and targeted marketing services in China, on its US$105 million Hong Kong IPO. (listed in January 2019)*
- Advised Huifu Payment on its US$216 million Hong Kong IPO, the first payments company IPO in Asia. (listed in June 2018)*
- Advised the underwriters of the US$2.1 billion Hong Kong IPO of Guotai Junan Securities Co., Ltd. (listed in April 2017)*
- Advised China Resources Pharma on its US$1.8 billion Hong Kong IPO, the second-largest IPO in Hong Kong in 2016. (listed in October 2016)*
- Advised CDB Leasing Co., Ltd. on its US$800 million Hong Kong IPO, the first Hong Kong IPO of a CBRC-regulated leasing company. (listed in July 2016)*
- Advised China Merchants Securities Co. Ltd. on its US$1.4 billion Hong Kong IPO. (listed in September 2016)*
- Advised the underwriters of the US$3.1 billion Hong Kong IPO of CGN Power, the first IPO of a PRC nuclear power company in Hong Kong. (listed in December 2014)*
*Transactions completed prior to joining KWM.