Ashley Wong is a Partner in the Banking & Finance Group of King & Wood Mallesons in Hong Kong. Her practice covers asset finance, general lending and aviation.
Ashley has experience in a wide range of financing transactions involving different types of assets and structures, including ship financing, container boxes financing, large machinery and equipment financing, acquisition financing and Japanese operating lease with call option etc. Over the past 15 years, she has also accumulated extensive experience in aircraft financing and aviation matters and has been working closely and negotiating deals with leasing companies, airlines, financial institutions, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), maintenance and repair organisations (MROs) and other market players in the aviation industry. She represents clients in many areas of their business including, for example, aircraft and engine leasing, sale and lease-back arrangements, new aircraft acquisitions from OEMs (including commercial aircraft and corporate jets), used aircraft and engine acquisitions and disposals, aircraft portfolio acquisitions and disposals, pre-delivery payments financing, airframe and engine maintenance, inventory technical management and other bespoke commercial arrangements.
Ashley is ranked as a leading lawyer for Aviation Finance by Chambers Asia Pacific. She has attracted praise from clients in the aviation industry for her “in-depth knowledge on the subject matter and strong commercial awareness” and her “attention to detail and excellent quality of work”, with one remark highlighting that “even when it seems to be mission impossible, it’s always possible with her. She is able to meet tight timeframes. She has very good legal ability and strong commercial sense, thus being able to give us legal and commercial guidance.”
Ashley speaks fluent English, Mandarin and Cantonese and is qualified to advise on both Hong Kong law and English law.
Show moreShow less
- Financing and Sale and Lease Back: advising financial institutions, leasing companies and airlines in connection with their financing arrangements, including aircraft pre-delivery payments financing, sale and lease back of multiple aircraft subject to different lessor/owner structures, ship financing and cross-border acquisition financing.
- Aircraft Portfolio Acquisition and Disposal: representing leasing companies in their acquisitions and disposals of aircraft portfolios involving Airbus and Boeing aircraft leased to airlines based in different jurisdictions.
- Aircraft Acquisition Campaign: representing leasing companies and airlines in their new aircraft acquisition campaigns which involve intensive negotiations with major airframe and engine manufacturers regarding the purchase agreements, GTAs and long term maintenance contracts.
- Airframe, Engine and Inventory Technical Maintenance: representing airlines and maintenance and repair organisations in preparing, reviewing and negotiating airframe maintenance agreements, long term engine maintenance agreements, inventory technical management agreements and other products and services supply agreements.
- Leases and other Miscellaneous Items: representing leasing companies and airlines in preparing, reviewing and negotiating lease agreements, used aircraft and engine sale and purchase agreements, product development and supply agreements, engine swap agreements and ferry flight agreements etc. and providing legal advice to clients with respect to a wide range of leasing and aviation matters.