Gonzalo specialises in corporate and public law.
He advises on all types of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, share capital increases and decreases, shareholders agreements, group restructuring, joint ventures and compliance with company laws and commercial agreements.
His experience in public law includes infrastructures, environment, water, licenses and permits, disciplinary proceedings and administrative-contentious litigation. He has broad experience in the energy sector (electricity, renewables and gas), having advised the principal operators within the Iberian market.
Recent transactions include advising:
- Rioglass Laminar, S.L., owner of 50% of Grupo Rioglass Solar a world leader in the production of mirrors for the generation of concentrated solar power (CSP), on the sale of 88% of its stake to a vehicle controlled by Ventizz Capital and Partners Group
- Hidroeléctrica del Cantábrico, S.A., on the acquisition of part of the minority stake of Ente Vasco de la Energía (EVE) in Grupo Naturgas
- RREEF Pan-European Infrastructure Fund LP on the acquisition of a 49% stake in a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) that will develop a 50MW Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) project in the Andalucía and Castilla y Leon regions
- EDP Energías de Portugal, S.A. (through its subsidiary Naturgás Energía Grupo, S.A.) on the sale of its gas transmission network to Enagás
- Naturgás Energía, Spanish subsidiary of EDP Group in the purchase of several gas distribution assets
- IPO and listing (in Eurolist by Euronext Lisbon) of the Spanish renewable energy company, EDP Renováveis, the largest IPO completed in Europe in 2008
- Hyperion Management, S.L. on the establishment of 6 Solar CSP plants in Spain.
Show moreShow less
- Listed in Iberian Lawyer as a Energy & Renewables Leading Lawyer (2012)
- Listed in Best Lawyers (Environmental Law) since 2012
- Part of the team awarded as “Top Legal Advisors” in the Clean Energy Public Markets League Tables 2009 for their joint work in the IPO of EDP Renováveis.
Most recent publications
- 'Energy & Renewables Report 2011: Recharging the energy sector', Iberian Lawyer
- 'Energy & Renewables Report 2012: Establishing the energy market', Iberian Lawyer
- 'Las renovables cruzan el charco con capital riesgo' (Renewable Energy crosses the pond with Venture Capital), Cinco Dias, October 2012.
Madrid Bar Association.