Fernando Jiménez is a Counsel of the Tax team of King & Wood Mallesons. As a lawyer with more than 20 years of experience, Fernando has been closely involved in all matters related to tax work including corporate restructurings, major acquisitions, buyout transactions and international tax issues. He also has extensive experience in the tax planning of all type of deals in the private equity, energy, banking and real estate sectors.
Some of the clients that he has advised include, among others, Portobello Capital, Miura Private Equity, EDP Group, MCH Private Equity, Magnum Industrial Partners, CAPZA and the industrial group Nicolás Correa.
Some of his most relevant works are:
- Advice to EDP on the tax matters related with the acquisition of Viesgo to Macquarie.
- Tax advice to CAPZA on its investment in the e-learning group IMF International Business School.
- Tax advice to EDP Energías de Portugal on the sale of the portfolio of its residential customers in Spain and two combined cycle plants to the French company Total.
- Advice to MCH Private equity on the tax matters related with several corporate restructurings and on the Initial Public Offering of its portfolio company the Spanish train manufacturer Talgo.
- Advice to several private equity firms on the tax structuring of its funds. Some of the clients are, among others, GED Capital, Portobello Capital, Moira Capital Partners, Ysios Biofund, MCH Private Equity, Alantra, Qualitas Equity Partners and Oquendo.