Carlos Pazos is a founding Partner of the Madrid office of King & Wood Mallesons. With more than 25 years of experience, Carlos specialises in national and international corporate transactions. He has advised on all types of corporate transactions such as acquisitions, disposals, venture capital investments and divestments, transactions in secondary markets (takeovers and IPOs) and corporate restructurings. Throughout his career he has led some of the country's most important corporate deals, many of them with a high multi-jurisdictional involvement (US, UK, France, Portugal, Brazil, China, etc.).
Some of his clients are Energías de Portugal (EDP), Associated British Food, Naturgás Energía, Rioglass Solar Group, Vocento, La Seda Barcelona, Zeltia, AXA Private Equity, MCH Private Equity, Sovena Group, First State, Saggas, Mercapital, Banco Santander, BBVA, Deutsche Bank and Deutsche Telekom.
According to Chambers Europe:
- Carlos is "a constructive negotiator with much experience in this area"
- "He has considerable experience, commercial focus and a very powerful presence in any meeting” and “He is well respected for his expertise in fund structuring"
- "He enjoys a higher profile in PE terms" and "He has a wealth of experience in fund formation but nowadays tends to be involved more in the M&A aspects"
- "He is a resolute, practical and remarkably professional lawyer, with an expanding market profile'” and “He is the key member of the team, with a high capacity to put himself in his clients' shoes".
Show moreShow less
He is co-author of:
- 'Present Legal Perspectives' (‘Perspectivas Jurídicas Actuales’), Editorial Centro de Estudios Ramón Arece 1995
- Spanish Business Law (Telecommunications), Butterworths 1992
- The Legal System of the Private European Unit Account, Instituto de Estudios Económicos 1990.
He is also deputy editor and founder of the publication 'Derecho de los negocios' ('Business Law'), La Ley, Madrid
- 'Iberian report', Iberian Lawyer, December 2009
- 'Future focus', Iberian Lawyer, April 2009
- 'Regulation of private equity in Europe', Iberian Lawyer, April 2009
- 'Capital Market lawyers suggest signs of recovery', Iberian Lawyer, March 2009
- 'Forward thinking', Southern Europe Unquote, January 2009
- 'Salidas a bolsa transfronterizas: la cuestión del derecho aplicable y el supervisor competente', Anuario Mercantil para Abogados, 2009.
Madrid Bar Association.