Carlos is a partner and head of the employment team at King & Wood Mallesons' Madrid office. With more than twenty years of experience, Carlos' expertise includes both contentious and non-contentious aspects of employment and social security law including: corporate transactions; company benefit and remuneration plans; top executives’ employment relationships; termination arrangements; restrictive covenants.
Carlos provides general strategic advice on all types of HR issue and has broad experience in employment litigation in employment tribunals. His expertise also covers private equity, advising on contracts and remuneration strategies for private equity managers.
His client portfolio includes advising, among others, Meriton Holdings; Valencia Club de Fútbol; Grupo EDP; Indigo; Sonae; Globalvía; Michael Page International; Inapa Distribución de Papel; Grupo Nicolás Correa; VISA Europe; Aurelius Group; Portobello Capital; Magnum Capital; Miura Private Equity; and Associated British Food.
In addition to his work as a lawyer, Carlos is a lecturing professor at the Spanish universities ICADE, IE and ESCP Europe.
He is highly recommended by the leading legal directories (Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and Best Lawyers) as one of the best employment lawyers in Spain.
Work highlights include advising:
- Senior management (contracts, dismissals, salary policy, etc.) to companies in the energy, banking, risk capital and infrastructure sectors
- Michael Page Group on several judicial proceedings regarding the breach of post-contractual non-competition clauses and the implementation of restructuring plans
- EDP Group on employment matters such as senior executive employment contracts, dismissals and negotiating collective bargaining agreements
- On remuneration systems: long-term bonds, loyalty, wage supplements, etc.
- Valencia C.F. on labour material, including recruitment of senior management, sports law, outsourcing contracts, restructuring of personnel, etc.
- Private equity firms on the design of their remuneration policies (carry interest, bonds, etc.), including Portobello Capital, Magnum Industrial Partners, Moira Capital, Alantra (formerly n + 1 Private Equity), GED Capital, Abac Capital, Oquendo Capital, Nexxus Iberia and Artá Capital.