Alberto is a partner and head of the tax team at King & Wood Mallesons' Madrid office. He is a lawyer with more than twenty years of experience specialising in domestic, international and financial tax law. He has a wealth of experience regarding tax planning of domestic and international business restructuring, mergers and acquisitions and international financing structures in the private equity, energy, banking and real estate sectors.
Alberto advises on the tax analysis of derivatives and other financial products and of investments in collective investment schemes, venture capital and private equity funds. He also has expertise in tax planning and analysis of initial public offerings (IPOs); financing international structures; real estate investments; E-commerce; high net worth individuals; incentive schemes for executives; indirect taxation (VAT, Transfer Tax); tax litigation.
Clients he has advised include, among others, Unitronics, La Seda de Barcelona, PageGroup, Grupo EDP, Galp, Inapa Distribución de Papel, Valencia Club de Fútbol, Bet 365, Magnum Capital, Portobello Capital, ABAC Capital, Asterion Industrial Partners, Altamar, Alantra, Axis Participaciones Empresariales, DWS, Hispasat, Sonae and Nicolás Correa.
In addition to his work as a lawyer, Alberto is a lecturing professor at the Spanish universities ICADE, ESADE, and CEU.
He is highly recommended by the leading legal directories (Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and Best Lawyers) as one of the best tax lawyers in Spain.
Highlighted works include advising:
- Advice to Galp on the €2.2 billion acquisition of a portfolio of 2.9 GW solar photovoltaic projects from ACS Group.
- EDP Group on the tax structuring of its sale of Natugás. Deal value: €2,591 million.
- Private equity firms on the tax structuring of their funds, including Portobello Capital, Magnum Capital, Alantra, Nazca Capital, Meridia Capital, GPF Capital, Orquendo, MCH Private Equity, Miura Private Equity and Arcano Asset Management.
- Mazai Asset Management on the tax issues related with some acquisitions, and real estate properties in Europe.
- Valencia Club the Fútbol on its daily tax issues.
- Unitronics Comunicaciones on the tax issues of its bussiness in Mexico, Arabia Saudita and Túnez.
- Muscari Property on the tax structuring on the acquisition of Torre Foster in Madrid and its subsequent sale to Pontegadea.
- Advice to Sonae on the tax structuring of its investments in Spain including Salsa, Ulabox, Losan and Perfumerías Arenal.