Alberto is a partner and head of the tax team at King & Wood Mallesons' Madrid office. He is a lawyer with more than twenty years of experience specialising in domestic, international and financial tax law. He has a wealth of experience in the tax planning of domestic and international business restructuring, mergers and acquisitions and international financing structures in the private equity, energy, banking and real estate sectors.
Alberto advises on the tax analysis of derivatives and other financial products and of investments in collective investment schemes, venture capital and private equity funds. He also has expertise in: tax planning and analysis of initial public offerings (IPOs); financing international structures; real estate investments; E-commerce; high net worth individuals; incentive schemes for executives; indirect taxation (VAT, Transfer Tax); tax litigation.
Clients he has advised include, among others, Unitronics; La Unitronics; La Seda de Barcelona; Michael Page International; Grupo EDP; Inapa Distribución de Papel; Valencia Club de Fútbol; Bet 365; Magnum Capital; Portobello Capital; ABAC Captial; Nexxus Iberia; Altamar; Alantra; Axis Participaciones Empresariales; Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management; Hispasat; Sonae; and Nicolás Correa.
In addition to his work as a lawyer, Alberto is a lecturing professor at the Spanish universities ICADE, ESADE, and CEU.
He is highly recommended by the leading directories (Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 and Best Lawyers) as one of the best tax lawyers in Spain.
Work highlights include advising:
- EDP Group on the tax structuring of its sale of Natugás - the second largest gas distribution company in Spain - to the consortium established by JP Morgan Infrastructure, Abu Dhabi Investment Council, Swiss Life Asset Managers and Covalis Capital. Deal value: €2,591 million
- Private equity firms on the tax structuring of their funds, including Portobello Capital, Magnum Capital, Alantra, Nazca Capital, Black Toto – AM Trea, Orquendo, MCH Private Equity, Miura Private Equity and Arcano Asset Management
- Mazai Asset Management on the tax issues related with some acquisitions, and real estate properties in Europe
- Valencia C.F. on the Tax issues
- Unitronics Comunicaciones on the tax issues of its bussiness in Mexico, Arabia Saudita and Túnez
- Muscari Property on the tax structuring on the acquisition of Torre Foster in Madrid.Advice to Sonae on the tax structuring of its invesments in Spain.