When it comes to renewable energy, our law firm is leading the way
From cleantech build-outs, solar megaprojects and on and offshore wind farm projects, the global renewables sector is filled with opportunity. For those investing, it’s a space primed for growth, with success depending on the ability to manage rapidly advancing technologies, increasing regulatory demands, feed in tariffs and offtake risk. In this market where innovation is key, we support financiers, developers and retailers to get creative.
Mitigating, adapting and innovating - the market is seeing significant investments in research, clean energy, green buildings and in regulatory reform.
As the Asia Pacific surpasses the Americas for clean energy investment, we can support you on every aspect of your clean energy or renewables project including:
- Project development
- Project finance solutions
- Acquiring and divesting energy assets
- Negotiating project agreements.
Show moreShow less
Our lawyers’ experience in renewable energy includes advising:
- Shenhua Clean Energy on its 75% investment in Hydro Tasmania’s 168-megawatt Musselroe Wind Farm project – the largest investment in the Australian renewables sector by a Chinese company
- A bidder on the AUD 1.5 billion government-backed Solar Flagships Program to construct large-scale solar power stations using solar thermal and photovoltaic technologies
- On 200MW electricity supply contracts for the AUD 1.5 billion Collgar Wind Farm project, providing clean energy solutions to power up to 125,000 homes
- Danish Oil and Natural Gas Company (DONG) on the Barrow offshire wind farm and the Greater Gabbard (the World's largest) offshore wind farm
- The shareholders of Power Support, which provides operational and maintenance solutions to industrial cogeneration plants, on the sale of a 90% stake to Électricité de France Group (EDF)
- RREEF Infrastructure on the acquisition of Iberdrola’s 50% stake in Iniciativas de Gas – indirectly 30% of Planta Regasificadora de Sagunto, which holds and operates a LNG regasification terminal in the Spanish port of Sagunto.
"They go above and beyond and provide a very high level of service."