Expert and experienced projects, energy and resources lawyers
Are you looking for a global legal team in energy, resources and infrastructure that will be with you every step of the way? At King & Wood Mallesons we offer you exactly that.
The King & Wood Mallesons team act on the energy and resources projects that the world takes notice of – across each and every stage of a project’s lifecycle, remaining nimble enough to adapt to market changes, yet still leading the way on the largest and most complex transactions.
Covering all the legal angles
In Spain, our multidisciplinary team of lawyers has built up a deep knowledge of the energy and infrastructure sector. This means we can cover all the legal angles of a project. The result? You get proactive, efficient and tailored advice.
The areas of law relating to projects, energy and resources we advise on include:
- Developing energy production, transmission and distribution projects
- Developing public and private infrastructure projects
- Operational and commercial issues
- Public and private contractual issues
- Environmental advice
- Project finance
- Litigation and arbitration
- Joint ventures and shareholder and co-investment agreements
- Due diligence, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and competition law.
Show moreShow less
Advising the major players
Our team in Spain has over 15 years’ experience advising some of the biggest players in energy and infrastructure, including the main operators in the Iberian gas and electricity market. For example, we have an ongoing relationship with EDP Energías de Portugal, advising them on legislative reform in the electricity and gas sector.
Our law firm advises large business groups and corporations operating in the infrastructure sector, as well as investment funds and financial institutions. We acted on the incorporation and initial public offering (IPO) of EDP Renováveis and we advised Hyperion Management on the development of several CSP plants totalling 300MW.
Other recent projects include advising:
- An international energy group in the sale and leaseback, and Operation & Maintenance of several co-generation plants
- Naturgás Energía in the sale to Enagas of its gas transmission business in Spain
- RREEF Pan-European Infrastructure Fund LP on its investments in gas and renewable energy in Spain
- Vinci Park on due diligence and the acquisition of several car parks
- An international client on the acquisition of a stake in the bulk loading terminal of the Port of Barcelona.
"The level of service of the Energy team at King & Wood Mallesons is of the highest quality"