Hui Zhao is a partner of KWM Europe based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Mr. ZHAO focuses on M&A transactions and corporate advice, in particular in the context of Sino-German transactions, acting both for German and Chinese clients. As a native Chinese speaker and German qualified lawyer, he is a corporate lawyer specializing in Chinese M&A in Germany, but also foreign investment (FDI) in China.
Since 2001 Hui Zhao has been advising a large number of Chinese clients on their investments in Germany, including state owned enterprises and private enterprises. He also advised German clients for their investments in China.
Prior to joining KWM he worked for international law firms in Brussels, Shanghai and Frankfurt am Main. From 2007 to 2017 he has established and operated China-related businesses for a leading European independent law firm.
Experience includes advising:
- Guangzhou Pearl River Piano Group Co., Ltd., the largest piano producer worldwide for its take-over of German traditional family piano manufacturer company Wilhelm Schimmel Piano Group
- Shanghai Electric Group for its participation in Broetje Automation Group, a leading manufacturer of the automation industry in Europe
- Joyson Holding Group on its first investment in Germany, taking-over of Preh GmbH
- China Zhongwang Group on its investment in Aluminiumwerk Unna AG
- Ningbo Ship Investment Co., Ltd. on its take-over of the listing company Vivanco AG being one of the leading suppliers of electric devices and computer, camera accessories on the German market.
- Carl Zeiss AG on its Joint Venture in Changchun, China.
- Special machinery producer Wemhöner Surface Technologies GmbH & Co.KG on the establishment of its two Chinese subsidiaries in Changzhou, China
Mr Zhao advised on these projects prior to joining KWM.
Hui Zhao is a member of the Frankfurt Bar Association and a member of the German-Chinese Lawyers’ Association. Hui Zhao is also a founding member of and currently acts as Chairman of the Association of Chinese Lawyers in Europe.