Unravelling the complexities of tax law
We make sense of complex tax systems, enabling you to do business more easily, manage your commercial risk and save money – wherever you are in the world.
Excellence and commitment
Our German tax lawyers combine technical excellence with an extraordinary commitment to work closely with you, understand your needs, and develop and implement robust and highly practical tax solutions.
With our help you can overcome any tax challenges – thanks to our unique combination of high-quality advisory skills and exemplary service. This is what we call real-world tax advice you know you can trust.
Seamlessly integrated into our law firm’s international team of renowned tax experts, our German tax practice advises on all aspects of German tax law. We have a particular focus on:
- Business taxation, incl. mergers and acquisitions (M&A), real estate investments, restructurings, financings, capital markets transactions and international taxation
- Funds and fund structuring (incl. incentive schemes)
- Private clients tax (incl. asset structuring and succession planning) as well as tax forensics and disputes.
Show moreShow less
Experience across tax areas
Clients benefiting from our advice on tax law include:
- China Automobile Development United on the acquisition of Meta Motoren- und Energietechnik
- Star Capital Partners on the acquisition of Blohm + Voss (a civil unit of ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems)
- Cognetas on the sale of KSM Castings to Citic Dicastal Wheel Manufacturing
- Triton Funds in connection with a debt-to-equity swap for the takeover of Stabilus
- Art-Invest Real Estate on the acquisition of Kö-Bogen in Düsseldorf
- On the structuring of Deutsche Wohnen Group (a listed residential property company) for tax-optimised dividend distributions.
We have also advised domestic and international fund houses and investors on funds taxation.
"In a complex international environment the lawyers don’t only take the German side into account but seem to be connected to a lot of other people around the world that can instantly help."