Areas of practice
Ms. Fang Rong specializes in real estate, infrastructure, corporate mergers and acquisitions.
Ms. Fang has extensive experience in infrastructure and has provided legal services in new urban development, wastewater treatment plant, water supply plant, highway, hydroelectric power, wind power, waste treatment and rail transit projects. Trading patterns applied include joint development, BOT, PPP, equity financing and asset restructuring. She has represented various levels of government agencies, state-owned companies, foreign investors, investment banks, and domestic private companies, etc. In the area of real estate, Ms. Fang specializes in real estate asset backed securitization, real estate project financing and M&As.
By virtue of extensive experience in the area of infrastructure, Ms. Fang has been selected as one of the PPP experts in the expert pool of the Ministry of Finance’s China Public Private Partnerships Center (CPPPC) and Asian Development Bank, and has been invited by the Legal Affairs Office of the State Council, the National Development and Reform Commission and the Ministry of Finance to participate in PPP legislative discussions and to provide expert opinion. Ms. Fang led a number of different types of PPP projects. In addition to providing comprehensive legal services to the market-oriented reform of Changsha City public utilities concession from 2002-2008, and providing legal services to a number of foreign companies, foreign investment banks in their domestic infrastructure projects, Ms. Fang has also advised on the following PPP projects:
- Advised on Beijing MTR Corporation’s investment into the concession project of Beijing Subway Line 14 and Line 16 from 2012-2014.
- Advised on China Electric Power Equipment and Technology Co., Ltd’s wind power PPP concession project in Pakistan from 2014-2015.
- Provided all-around legal services to PPP project of Caofeidian Gongren Hospital from 2015-2017.
- Provided all-around legal services to PPP project of Shunyi Branch, Beijing Friendship Hospital from 2015-2017.
- Advised on China Fortune Land Development Co., Ltd’s investment into railway PPP project with a “rail+ industrial zone development” model from 2015-2017.
- Advised on formulating the PPP implementation plan for “Line 3, Chongqing Rail Transit”, one of the Ministry of Finance’s first PPP demonstration projects in 2015.
- Advised on Beijing Infrastructure Investment Co., Ltd Consortium’s investment into PPP project of Urumqi Rail Transit and Dalian Subway PPP project in 2016.
- Advised on Hangzhou-Haining Intercity Railway PPP project, one of the Ministry of Finance’s first PPP demonstration projects from 2015-2017.
- Advised on Zhengzhou Rail Transit Line 3 PPP project, one of the Ministry of Finance’s first PPP demonstration projects from 2016-2017.
Ms. Fang has extensive experience in the securitization of real estate assets, and was engaged in the listing of the Yuexiu Real Estate Investment Trust Fund in Hong Kong. In the past three years, Ms. Fang has advised on real estate asset backed securitization transactions as follows.
- CITIC-Huaxia Suning Yunchuang Asset-Backed Security (ABS) (Phase I and II)
- Hengtai Haorui-HNA Pudong Development Bank Tower ABS
- Tianfeng-Zhonghang Red Star Aiqinhai ABS
- Ryan Capital No.1 Ruiheng Investment Asset Management Plan
- EBP Capital-EBA IMIX Park ABS
- Jiantou Huiyu-CITIC Bank Sino-Ocean Land ABS
- CITIC wanxin Yuejia ABS (Phase I)
- Changjiang Chuyue-Zhongbai ABS (Phase I)
- Tianfeng Everbright-Elion Eco Plaza ABS (Phase I)
- Hengtai Hongze-Huayuan Yingdu ABS
- Hengtai Hongze-Guangzhou Hainan Airlines Twin Towers ABS
- Kaiyuan- Hainan Airlines Shiye Building ABS
In addition, Ms. Fang regularly advises on matters involving oversees private placements, foreign capital M&A, foreign-invested enterprises and corporate restructuring, etc. The services provided by Ms. Fang includes designing transaction structures, assisting in negotiations, drafting documents, providing legal opinions, conducting due diligence and applying for registration approval with relevant government entities, etc.
Ms. Fang was ranked as one of the Leading Attorneys in real estate and construction by Legal 500 and named Real Estate & Construction Lawyer of the Year by China Law & Practice in 2017. Hengtai Haorui-HNA Pudong Development Bank Tower ABS Program advised by her was awarded as Outstanding Project of the Year at the 2015 China Securitization Forum (CSF) Annual Conference. And CITIC-Huaxia Suning Yunchuang ABS Program and CITIC-wanxin Yuejia ABS (Phase I) advised by her were respectively awarded as Top 10 ABS Projects of the Year in 2014 and 2016.
Show moreShow less
Ms. Fang joined King & Wood Mallesons in 2003.
Ms. Fang received her LL.B. from China University of Political Science and Law, her LL.M. from Sun Yat-sen University. She obtained her LL.M. from Duke University School of Law. Ms. Fang was admitted to practice in PRC and New York State.
Ms. Fang’s working languages are Chinese and English.