We offer a fully integrated tax practice
We make sense of complex tax systems, enabling you to do business more easily, manage your commercial risk and save money – wherever you are in the world.
Tax is becoming key in the battle for efficiency and competitive advantage. Our practical and commercial approach ensures that our clients in China stay ahead of the curve.
As a client, you benefit from our complete range of fully integrated tax services. We are known for the diversity and breadth of our experience in all aspects of PRC and international taxation. By combining innovation and practicality, as well as a solid understanding of your industry, we help your company develop in China and internationally.
Combining tax and legal expertise
More often than not, tax issues are also legal issues. The tax advice and planning ideas our lawyers provide are practical and realistic from both tax and legal perspectives. We always aim to ensure you achieve both regulatory compliance and tax optimisation.
Our lawyers are qualified to issue legal opinions on China tax matters. And the tax authorities in China tend to give greater weight to the advice provided by tax lawyers than that of advisers from other professions.
We provide integrated tax and legal services to our clients. For major projects such as inbound/outbound investment, merger and acquisition transactions and initial public offering projects, our clients benefit from the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of our one-stop shop approach.
Show moreShow less
We advise leading multinational companies, state-owned enterprises, private companies as well as banks, financial institutions and funds on:
- Tax disputes
- Tax planning
- Transfer pricing and supply chain taxation
- Corporate tax
- Employment-related tax and incentives
- Funds structuring
- Indirect taxation
- Private client tax and wealth planning
- Real estate tax.
Recent work highlights include advising:
- A major express delivery company on the tax aspects of the establishment of hub operations in China, as well as the tax issues arising in respect of a significant proposed acquisition.
- A listed company on a complete restructuring of its operations in China including tax and customs advice with respect to a reorganization of its manufacturing and importation structure.
- A listed United States software company on the tax aspects of its acquisition and joint ventures with a Chinese state-owned group.
- Thomson-Reuters on the tax aspects of its acquisition of China web.
- A major US internet company on the tax aspects of a potential acquisition of a WAP portal in China.
- A client on the tax filing for equity transfer in China, and successfully obtained tax refund for previous overpayment.
- A well-known European chemical company on the negotiation and settlement of a high-profile transfer pricing audit.
"This dedicated and efficient team showed superb commitment and met all our targets. They produce international standard documentation and have deep experience of working with multinational companies. They really care."