Our lawyers get results in even the most complicated tax disputes
Given that the China tax authority is stepping up efforts to combat non-compliance and aggressive tax planning arrangements, it is not surprising that multinational corporations (MNCs) and large domestic companies are frequently targeted for tax audits.
We find that by getting us on-board early in a tax audit, undertaking proactive technical assessment, adopting a pragmatic defence strategy, and communicating promptly with tax authorities, we can conclude tax disputes in an efficient and favourable manner.
Our tax team’s extensive experience in tax audits has enabled us to achieve outstanding and cost-effective results in complicated and challenging tax disputes and criminal tax matters.
We have particular expertise in advising MNCs, state-owned enterprises, private companies, financial investors and banks on:
- Tax audits
- Negotiating a resolution with the tax authorities
- Consulting with the tax authorities on complex structures and issues
- Administrative appeals and litigation in tax disputes
- Advice on tax anti-avoidance investigations
- Solving tax disputes by undertaking competent authority proceedings in accordance with bilateral income tax treaties
- Resolving competent authority proceedings in accordance with bilateral income tax treaties.