Expert legal advice for commercial disputes
Clients rely on our strong disputes lawyers for commercial, expert advice. As well as litigation and arbitration, we offer a long-term legal adviser service, a business risk consulting service and a legal risk protection plan to reduce your business risk and increase your revenue.
We regularly represent clients in civil and commercial cases in the Chinese courts of all levels and the Supreme People’s Court of China.
If you need to resolve disputes through international arbitration, we can help with that too. We represent clients in forums in Hong Kong, Singapore, London, Switzerland and Stockholm.
We have accumulated a wealth of experience in the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC), Beijing Arbitration Commission, Shanghai Arbitration Commission and Shenzhen Arbitration Commission. Several of our partners are arbitrators of CIETAC, the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC), the Beijing Arbitration Commission as well as other forums.
We advise clients across industry sectors. These range from Chinese corporations, multinational corporations and major financial institutions through to governments and individuals. We regularly advise on potentially contentious aspects of major corporate and financial transactions.
Our service includes:
- Advising on client disputes during the establishment, investment, operation and dissolution of a company, including litigation, consulting and strategizing
- Representing clients in litigation and arbitration matters in China
- Representing clients in international arbitrations
- Pre-litigation and investigation advice, and consultation services
- Legal advisory services to minimise transactional and operational risk
- Advice on bill disputes, including bill invalid confirmation, the right of recourse of bill, letter of credit fraud, and letter of credit negotiation.