- Senior and/or holdco/opco mezzanine financings – BGH Capital’s acquisitions of Abano group, Healius medical centres and Village Roadshow group (2020), Brookfield’s successful bid for Healthscope Limited (2019), Navis Capital’s Device Technologies Australia (2019), KKR’s acquisition of Australian Venue Company (previously known as Dixon Hospitality) and the subsequent JV with Coles’ Queensland hotels business (2018)
- First-ever Aus Term Loan B and other TLB transactions - Apollo/Leighton’s Ventia Group refinancings (2015 onwards), Baring Private Equity’s acquisition of SAI Global (2016), Bain Capital/Camp Australia’s refinancing (2017), Australian Technology Innovators A$ TLB (2017), GenesisCare’s Euro/A$ TLB (2018), Madison Dearborn/APM’s A$ TLB (2020)
- Unitranche financings for Findex group, Bain Capital’s Only About Children group, Quadrant Private Equity’s Experience Australia and Advent international’s Transaction Services Group.
- Woolworths Group - $400m world-first fronted bank guarantee facility, backed by offshore sureties in 2014 and subsequent refinancings
- Woolworths Group – syndicated and bilateral bank facilities (since 2016)
- Sydney Airport - bank, bond, USPP facilities since 2004, including its landmark A$1.4bn sustainability-linked syndicated bank facilities (2019), the first such syndicated deal in Australia and the largest in Asia Pacific
- Lenders to Origin Energy on their various syndicated facilities since 2004, including the refinancing of A$4.5bn banking facilities (2018)
- IPO facilities and subsequent refinancings for Virtus Health, Mantra, Costa Group, Estia Health, Bingo Industries, Latitude Financial Group and Pepper Money.
1991: Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws (Hons I), University of Sydney
1992 - 1994: Solicitor, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
1994 - 1995: Bachelor of Civil Law (Hons I), Oxford University
1995 - 1997: Solicitor, Allen & Overy, London
1998 - 2000: Senior Associate, Mallesons Stephen Jaques, Sydney
2001 - present: Partner, Mallesons Stephen Jaques/King & Wood Mallesons, Sydney
Yuen-Yee has lectured in undergraduate and postgraduate finance law at the University of New South Wales and has written chapters for the Australian Finance Law textbook (7th edn). She is a sought-after a speaker at various industry forums such as International Bar Association’s private equity conferences, the Banking & Financial Services Law Association of Australia and New Zealand (BFSLA), APLMA and the Australian Corporate Treasury Association (formerly the Finance & Treasury Association).
- Asia-Pacific Loan Market Association (Australia Branch) Documentation Committee
- Former Board Member, Banking & Financial Services Law Association of Australia and New Zealand
- Law Society of NSW
- Law Society, England & Wales.