Will is a Banking and Finance partner in the Sydney office of King & Wood Mallesons. He specialises in general corporate finance, acquisition/leverage finance and restructuring & insolvency.
Will regularly advises investment banks and local, regional and global private equity firms anon their financing matters. Will worked for a number of years for a major US firm and is qualified as a New York attorney.
Client have praised Will for being “commercial, responsive and pleasure to work alongside. He will explore various solutions (not limited by precedents!) and has the ability to cut through issues and balance competing interests" and "Will is responsive, proactive and thinks outside the square. He keeps you updated and informed giving us confidence".
Aus Term Loan B transactions - Baring Private Equity’s acquisition of SAI Global (2016), Bain Capital/Camp Australia’s financing for its bid for JAG (2017) and LEAP Legal/Infotrack (2017) a
PAG Asia Capital: financing the initial investment in The Cheesecake Shop and subsequent additional financings
KKR/GenesisCare group on Asia-Pacific’s first A$790m stapled financing in conjunction with its A$1.7bn sale to the China Resources/Macquarie Group consortium (Oct 2016)
Quadrant Private Equity: in connection with the financing of QPE’s acquisition of the Fitness and Lifestyle Group
- Woolworths Group – bank facilities, including the A$2bn+ syndicated loan (Apr 2016) and subsequent A$600m follow-on facility (Nov 2016)
- Sydney Airport - bank, bond, USPP facilities, including its landmark A$1.4bn syndicated facilities refinancing – awarded KangaNews’ syndicated loan deal 2017 (Apr 2017)
- Lenders to Origin Energy on their various syndicated facilities si, including the Oct 2016 A$4.5bn refinancing
- Findex: advising Findex on its 2018 unitranche financing
- Advising the lenders to the Steinhoff Asia Pacific Group on its complex refinancing of more than $300m.
- Advising KKR on its exit from the Santanol Group, a sandalwood producer.
- Advising the lenders to Red Lea Chickens on aspects of the administration and restructuring
- Advising the directors of Boart Longyear on the complex restructuring completed by scheme of arrangement.